windows 10 reset problem-loading screen

delia0117

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
my laptop has been blue screening and the electronics guy at the shop i bought it from told me to reset it, and reinstall w10. a few hours into the reset, the laptop stopped because an error occured during the reset and "some files" couldn't be deleted. i clicked "close" as it was the only option and now my laptop is stuck on a black screen with the windows 10 logo and a loading circle. it's been over 12 hours and i don't know what to do. i just want to delete everything on the pc and clean install the windows 10 again. please help!

Solution
Go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 ISO. Track down a utility named Rufus and use that to make a USB flash drive/memory stick/thumb drive. Rufus makes it easy to combine the two so you can put the stick into the machine and start it up. Press the Function 12 key to change the Boot Option to the USB drive and install Windows.

It will format the original installation out of existence so if there's is any personal data you want off there, you need to slave it to another PC.
Go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 ISO. Track down a utility named Rufus and use that to make a USB flash drive/memory stick/thumb drive. Rufus makes it easy to combine the two so you can put the stick into the machine and start it up. Press the Function 12 key to change the Boot Option to the USB drive and install Windows.

It will format the original installation out of existence so if there's is any personal data you want off there, you need to slave it to another PC.

Solution