Windows 10 Stuck Shutting Down, No removable battery

John_459

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Hello,
Off the bat, I have a Toshiba Portege Z20t running Windows 10. It is a 2 in 1 where the monitor portion is completely removable from the keyboard.
Yesterday I pressed shut down and closed the lid, but today I turned it back on only to find it stuck on the shutting down screen. It has been stuck like this for hours now.
There is no battery to remove, so that is not an option.
I have tried to hold the power button but no matter what i do, or how long i hold it for it just goes to sleep instead.
Whenever I reconnect it to the keyboard portion I can move around the cursor and the keyboard seems responsive (CAPS lock lights up when tapped) but I cannot get to anything. I've tried ctrl alt delete.
Currently I've removed it from the keyboard portion in order to remove the second battery and I am just trying to starve it out.
Do I have any other options?
Thanks!

Solution
Unplug your device and let it drain to die. Because it needs power right? So just unplug it until it dies. (Sorry if it repeats but people don't understand that much so I repeat it again)

Happy0852

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
Unplug your device and let it drain to die. Because it needs power right? So just unplug it until it dies. (Sorry if it repeats but people don't understand that much so I repeat it again)

Solution