Windows 3.1, Zeemote Controller Seen on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Android Smartphone > PSP/DS
PSP2 needs touchscreen, a accelerometer (I really wanted to play Mercury Meltdown with a accelerometer), and to be smaller, to compete with those.
Or they could just make a Android phone with better GPU/CPU/battery, make games for it that take advantage of the hardware and call it PSP2 or PSP(Playstation Phone).
No one is gonna carry around 2 devices. I was thinking about selling my PSP after I had gotten the phone. By that time I got kind of bored of the games and used it for movies, but the phone can do the same thing and is smaller, more Portable, better hardware than PSP1.
The only advantage a dedicated console would have would be the battery and CPU/GPU, the phone has portability, size, touchscreen, accelerometer, connectivity, and if they would make a hybrid device it would be a epic win.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Amusing little things that the holier then thou Steve would deem inappropriate uses of his, not your, device! Granted, these aren't very useful things to do with the phone, but at least they aren't stopping you from trying. Go android!

gwwerner

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Somebody need to come up with a small comfortable Bluetooth game pad for smart phones. The first company to sell one that is portable but still works well will make a lot of money.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
All of this fancy, schmancy (props to the guy) showing off of what the hardware is capable of on these so called smart phones will come to a screeching halt when cloud gaming goes mainstream. Oh, and trust me... it will.

Bobbar

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
"Outside having to annoyingly insert the CD key after every launch"

Not true, just leave it blank and select accept.

G

I have a wiimote currently working perfectly with my moto droid, i use it to play emulators mostly but it shouldnt be too hard to make it work with quake

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]buddy must have allot of time on his hands or no life to install a useless OS on his cellphone[/citation]
It's called a hobby. Do you claim that musicians or people that go hiking or artists or independent programmers or modders have no life because they are good at what they enjoy doing? As far as I am concerned, having hobbies means you have a fulfilling life. Maybe it is YOU who has no life.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
External keyboards aren't really a desirable solution, since on something like a Droid, you would want to hold the device up closer to your face when you're playing, and wouldn't want to have to tote around the controller. If you have to set your device down to play, you're doing the handheld gaming thing wrong IMHO.

The handmade Gamegripper seems like an OK solution, since its easily portable, and just slips over the Moto Droid's keyboard... Its just a little lightweight strip of flexible plastic, so you can easily drop it into a purse or pocket. Very handy for people who like emulators on their Droid!

What I would really like to see is a true smartphone gaming platform. A company like Moto, or HTC could create a better framework to build games in (I'm thinking an OpenGL wrapper with some dev tools), and create devices that have compatible gaming hardware (slide out gaming controllers, similar to the PSPgo) and we'd be in business.
-Course, that's similar to what dan suggested, to the tune of like 5 thumb downs. Surprising that wasn't a more popular idea. *shrugs*

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Adding to my idea above...
The obvious company to lead the way on something like this would be NVIDIA. Why they aren't already is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.