Windows 7 will not recognise any audio devices

mrkittensmcgee

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
Any speakers or headphones i plug in do not show up on the playback tab of the sound settings. I have the latest drivers for everything and ive tried reinstalling multiple times. On top of that theres 2 Devices in the playback tab that stay there even if there are no audio devices plugged in. I have a feeling they are conflicting with any other audio device.
hayVZ

http://imgur.com/a/hayVZ
Im using windows 7 and im using an intel motherboard without and sound card. The audio worked when i first installed windows but now it doesn't and i don't want to reset windows. The windows audio service is running and the speakers are in the correct jack, the audio is not muted.

Solution
If there is a driver installed than you have a sound card. Drivers do not install unless it detects the hardware it is tend for.

what type of speakers do you have, and do you see a speaker icon in the panel right next to the clock? play a cd in the pc and see if you can get the sound to work. Drivers are there maybe the volume is to low. Or the wrong device is default.

zezuzaza

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
Go to run- type dxdiag - click OK
Go to Sound 1 tab -
Driver name must be HdAudio.sys with your version
Device name: Speaker (2-high definition audio device)
Hardware id: Your hardware device name (Please listed here)
Notes: No problems found

Go to Input tab- Notes: No problem found

Please give me your hardware name on sound card.

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Im using windows 7 and im using an intel motherboard without and sound card. The audio worked when i first installed windows but now it doesn't and i don't want to reset windows. The windows audio service is running and the speakers are in the correct jack, the audio is not muted.

First of all if you have no sound card adapter or on board sound device Than you have no hardware that would need a driver. What I need to see different locations in windows, The first is device manager and see what is listed there under sound. Next is control panel under hardware and sound. Post back what is list for sound devices please.

How to access Device Manager the easy way click on menu in the search please type
devmgmt.msc

mrkittensmcgee

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015

http://imgur.com/a/JffFP
Heres a screenshot of the device manager
JffFP

Dave8671

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
If there is a driver installed than you have a sound card. Drivers do not install unless it detects the hardware it is tend for.

what type of speakers do you have, and do you see a speaker icon in the panel right next to the clock? play a cd in the pc and see if you can get the sound to work. Drivers are there maybe the volume is to low. Or the wrong device is default.

Solution