Windows 8.1 OS problem

Mansispicher37

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
I have newly installed Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Since its newly installed, i've to download all basic apps. My Mobile GPU is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. I tried to download the 32-bit version of the latest driver for it, from AMD's website. Everything was fine until the end of it's installation. Now it recommended me to reboot my Windows 8.1, I clicked reboot. But now, it won't start up. Please help......
P.S- I also have Linux ubuntu OS and i use both from a loader.
Again, please help. I gambled to download the 32-bit version of the driver instead of the 64-bit one, that's the problem in my eyes. So, which version of apps do i download?
My System properties claim: '32-bit operating system, x64 bit based processor'..
Any recommendation or advice would be appreciated.

Solution
If Windows is 32 bit, then the 32 bit driver is what you needed. But if you have a 64 bit processor why bother with 32 bit? THere's no price difference.

I would try to get an older version of the driver, make sure it's stable, then try to bring it up. It's highly possible that you also need a firmware update for the GPU for the new driver to work.

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
If Windows is 32 bit, then the 32 bit driver is what you needed. But if you have a 64 bit processor why bother with 32 bit? THere's no price difference.

I would try to get an older version of the driver, make sure it's stable, then try to bring it up. It's highly possible that you also need a firmware update for the GPU for the new driver to work.

Solution