Windows 8.1 - Software Issues

Link2015

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
Hello,
I recently upgraded my work pc from Windows 8 to 8.1. Since then I've had issues with the accounts software I use(instantadmin). The program itself works but when I go to print a invoice or quote the text comes out as complete gibberish(a mix of letters, numbers and symbols). The same happens when I convert to a pdf(using cutepdf).
The software isn't designed for Windows 8 but it did work perfectly before the update to 8.1. And as mentioned earlier the software works apart from when outputting information.
Just wondering if anyone might have any suggestion on how to remedy this?
I figure I can roll the system back to 8.0 but as I've a good few programs installed, etc I'd much appreciate a quick fix!!!
Kind regards
Luke

Solution
Many Windows 8 drivers had to be re-written when the 8.1 update was tested, and I suspect you need to install the Windows 8.1 driver for your printer if it exists. You can download it from your printer manufacturer's website.

Remember to uninstall the existing driver before installing the new one.
Many Windows 8 drivers had to be re-written when the 8.1 update was tested, and I suspect you need to install the Windows 8.1 driver for your printer if it exists. You can download it from your printer manufacturer's website.

Remember to uninstall the existing driver before installing the new one.

Solution