Windows detects Philips TV but no picture... HDMI

Feb 8, 2018
Hello I have a Philips TV (42pfl4307h/12) and ASUS laptop (K53SD). When i plug the pc to the tv the Windows recognized it as Philips FTV, but the tv stays black and flickers a little not showing any picture. The BIOS screen shows on it. I tried everythig:

-upgrade/downgrade drivers (nothing)
-try different hdmi cables (same)
-try different tv with the same laptop (it works)
-same cable with different laptop in the same tv (it works)
-Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP (not working)
-The Windows+P thing (same)

The only ways that worked is In Linux and if i leave it connected for 2-3 hours and then magicaly the picture appears. The other strange thing is when i get into the service menu of the TV the picture also appears but it flickers a lot. Sorry for my english. And thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Try changing the order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV that it's connected to.
When a source and TV are connect by HDMI they try to "handshake". PCs don't have a constantly active HDMI output and TVs don't constantly have their hand out looking to be shaken so it can be tricky. The combination of PC, HDMI cable, and TV affect this too. A cable that works with the same laptop on one TV may not work on a different TV. Even different HDMI inputs on the same TV may work differently.
After that I would set the TV a an extended or 2nd display in the PC. Then change the video resolution to 1920 x 1080 60 hz if it's not set that way already.
Try changing the order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV that it's connected to.
When a source and TV are connect by HDMI they try to "handshake". PCs don't have a constantly active HDMI output and TVs don't constantly have their hand out looking to be shaken so it can be tricky. The combination of PC, HDMI cable, and TV affect this too. A cable that works with the same laptop on one TV may not work on a different TV. Even different HDMI inputs on the same TV may work differently.
After that I would set the TV a an extended or 2nd display in the PC. Then change the video resolution to 1920 x 1080 60 hz if it's not set that way already.

Solution
Feb 8, 2018

Ok thanks i will try and report back.