Question Windows Explorer cpu usage go high if I move my mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

oktaviorizky23

Estimable
May 28, 2018
It's about week I face this problem.Help!
I bought my laptop 5 months ago,with I5 8250u.In my first time I look at task manager,cpu usage still normal (0%-2%)
Now,when I move my mouse,my cpu usage go to 30%.how to fix the problem?

Laptop : Acer Swift 3 (SF314-54G)
My mouse :Logitech G102 (or G203),1000 HZ polling rate,800 dpi.

(Sorry for bad english or grammar.)

oktaviorizky23

Estimable
May 28, 2018
I been face this problem about a week.It causing stutter and lag.I can't play games such Apex Legends due the high cpu usage when I moving my mouse.

my laptop :Acer Swift 3 (SF314-54G)
my mouse :Logitech G102 (G203) 1000 Hz,800 dpi

Pls reply,Thank you

Rooky_Ghost

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
If your temps are high, it could be thermal throttling, however, that is abnormally high usage for explorer on idle with that CPU. Can you reinstall the drivers and let us know if that helps? It would be also nice to have a look at your task manager, sorted by CPU usage.

oktaviorizky23

Estimable
May 28, 2018
If your temps are high, it could be thermal throttling, however, that is abnormally high usage for explorer on idle with that CPU. Can you reinstall the drivers and let us know if that helps? It would be also nice to have a look at your task manager, sorted by CPU usage.
wait but,how to reinstall drivers.I don't want uninstall and install it again.I am afraid of malfuction system.

Aug 20, 2019
Why on earth there are such hilarious useless replies, it's definitely NOT CPU temp or "power saving mode". Why on earth power saving mode cause lagging?!

This is simply a terrible Windows problem that happen recently – my PC has the same problem since early 2019.
In my case (24GB ram, 4-core CPU), open some specific websites that contains videos, the mouse suddenly become very lagging (for 10 seconds, then come back to normal, so annoying) - CPU percentage go too high.
Which eat CPU? Surprisingly, it's Windows Explorer. It's really weird and no-one has a solution so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.