Windows factory reset stuck at 41%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2018
I have an asus-k542uf laptop and have decided to do a complete factory reset on windows since its been acting up lately , I understand that there are many posts about this same problem already however , due to varying solutions I have decided to ask the community personally.

Problem: After doing the normal process of the system restore , the laptop has made it up to 41% in about 3 hours until it just stuck there. Its been about 4 hours now and it is still in the same state. (“Resetting this pc 41%” and the white buffer dots are still in motion) I have been given a usb stick that contains a copy of windows 10 although I do not know what to do with it. Also will anything bad happen if I just forcefully turn off the system? as this has been on my mind for a few hours now Any help will be appreciated , thanks.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

It should work now. Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.