Windows Hello not working on Inspiron 13 7000 after reinstalling W10

JamesLeeSmith

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
I'm not sure where to post this so I thought I would post here.

The first thing I did was try to make the computer into a dual-boot Linux Mint 18.2/Windows 10 machine. I screwed up the partitions a little bit and, even though I could have lived with it, I decided to wipe both operating systems from the computer and start over.

After reinstalling Windows, of course, I went to dell.com and updated every driver and downloaded everything recommended for my machine (including the BIOS). I also went to Microsoft.com and downloaded the Creators Update.

After all of this was said and done, Windows Hello worked for a little while (literally less than a day) and it hasn't worked since. It fails every time I turn Windows on, and when I go to "Set up face sign-in" it tells me "Sorry something went wrong" and "Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the set up again."

One clue is that when I go to Device Manager, I do not see "Biometric Devices." I've searched the web for solutions to that problem, but they were for Windows 7 and don't appear to have any relevance to my situation.

Thank you

P.S., Even though it may seem that I'm a major geek, I'm actually pretty weak when it comes to Windows problems.

Solution
which Inspiron 13 7000 series is it exactly? Which model? 7368 or 7378?

Use the Dell Update Application to install all drivers and apps you might need.