Windows not recognizing speakers

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
I got a 680i lt so I think it has a sound card or something pre-installed into it. I have logitech 5.1 speakers IDK the number but it doesnt matter, all the other times using XP and Vista they just install using windows drivers, but this tiem on XP, they wont install.

Hardware manager jsut see's "PCI Device". is there anyway to solve that?

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
hmm, this is the second time someone has confused speakers as hardware, shame on you hatman ;p

still, what you mean is that there is an onboard sound device and that it is not working. firstly, i would recommend checking it is enabled in the bios, then i would install the drivers that came on your mobo's disc. Try re-sintalling the device completely making sure to have the disc that came with your mobo in the drive.

however, what i would really do is get rid of onboard altogether but that is another matter.

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Funnily enough before I read this I have been looking at 5.1 sound cards lols.

I've got it enabled in BIOS, DL'd latest drivers re-installed n everything. None of it works. Which is annoying because I just got the Quake Wars demo :'(

G

Can anyone tell me how to install speakers on an ROHS tower system? They are plugged in but not recognised