Windows Phone 7 Eats Your Bandwidth Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Thought about getting a WM7 when it first came out. Soooo glad I went to Droid! No copy and paste! You figured Microsoft would have learned from Apple's screw up.

G

I have a Samsung Focus on Rogers (carrier in Canada), and with what I thought was moderate data usage (a lot of emails, bunch of apps downloads and updates, extensive internet browsing, without any youtube though) I merely got over 200MB of my 500MB plan. I would blame that the guy uses netflix or youtube a lot. That or AT&T's legendary bad network.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Looks like this is the Windows Vista phone noone wanted!

MS is known for using all the hardware to 'optimize' the user experience, instead of keeping it simple, and reduce background traffic.
I'm only interested in a windows phone if it has a usb port, stereo mini jack out, and can load/run any normal windows 9x/xp program.

Otherwise an untrimmed Windows suxx!

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
If Microsoft is going to spy on people using WP7, they should at least do it the smart way. What ever happen with programmers at MS?

G

This is either some ridiculous stuff like the Vista/7 hard-drive thrashing/constant 5% hard-drive utilization, or it's the brand new mobile NSAKEY. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
-.- I have a Samsung Focus and have only used 30mb of my 200mb this month
On a side note,
This phone is really amazing and all of you naysayers will eat your words sooner or later. Lol how many of you have even tried a wp7? Just saying, I hated on iPods until I tried one. :)

twanto

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2002
I also have a Samsung Focus and don't have this problem. However, note that I know how to use my phone and am not a moron, perhaps explaining why my experience is different.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I've got a theory....

A rogue programmer managed to get employed on the windows phone 7 dev. team, and inserted surrupticious code that spams technology websites with advertising for Levi's and Air Jordan's...

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
hmm anyone using online backup and has it set to default to backup daily that can add up on any phone and any network.

G

Wow that sucks. Those 'live tiles' can get pretty pricey. Maybe they should only check twitter and facebook when you click a button

Status
Not open for further replies.