Windows Phone Beats 88% of Competitors in Speed Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

qhoa1385

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
I'm not surprise, I have HTC Sensation, my friend has HD7 (I think), WP7 seems a lot more responsive, but I still like Android

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Don't know how much real world truth in that (once phone is loaded with apps and other data) but I like the commercial. Well one you :)

G

so whats !
who want's of MS to pay it for close system and bad interface, i prefer android's with less speed

G

So what was the challenge, the speed of loading facebook? If so, windows only wins because they built facebook and twitter into the os, their not just apps* ( * I'm pretty sure...). Though I still kinda want that blue nokia lumia 900.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
really?....where is the HTC Rezhound in this competition?....How in the heck do you expect to win with an iPhone4s?...are these guys this stupid?....it's only 3g not 4g.....you would think that some of these geeks are smarter

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I believe this was all fake. The focus on the phones themselves never last and they lack the important camera shot of both phones actually being worked on at the same time. It could very well be done with actors and the few losses are just there to seem realistic which are also extremely minor losses at that. The contestants also seem way too calm and relaxed in-front of the camera and no doubt at-least a small audience watching.

It also fits right into Microsoft's marketing past. Remember the laptop hunter commercials?
Where they would approach a "stranger" and buy their laptop while also this "stranger"
also always just happens to insult Macbooks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbXgpxmeI4 The contest above really just seems to be a live version of this same marketing.

If it is real then the fact that they did not try to get a shot from the back focusing on the actual
performance of the phones is a complete failure. It would have much more marketing value to actually show both screens at the same time and Microsoft's product win time and time again. I don't believe Microsoft would make such a poor judgement if this contest and results were real.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I believe this was all fake. The focus on the phones themselves never last and they lack the important camera shot of both phones actually being worked on at the same time. It could very well be done with actors and the few losses are just there to seem realistic which are also extremely minor losses at that. The contestants also seem way too calm and relaxed in-front of the camera and no doubt at-least a small audience watching. It also fits right into Microsoft's marketing past. Remember the laptop hunter commercials?Where they would approach a "stranger" and buy their laptop while also this "stranger" also always just happens to insult Macbooks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbXgpxmeI4 The contest above really just seems to be a live version of this same marketing.If it is real then the fact that they did not try to get a shot from the back focusing on the actual performance of the phones is a complete failure. It would have much more marketing value to actually show both screens at the same time and Microsoft's product win time and time again. I don't believe Microsoft would make such a poor judgement if this contest and results were real.[/citation]
Tin.
Foil.
Hat.

mohsh86

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
not my problem if you can't freakin use widgets efficiently, i bet this guy with SGS II all way long..

Plus, he already tried those test before he goes on camera, just to make sure he beat those poor guys..

mohsh86

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]mohsh86[/nom]not my problem if you can't freakin use widgets efficiently, i can beat this guy with SGS II all way long..Plus, he already tried those test before he goes on camera, just to make sure he beat those poor guys..[/citation]

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
It's a simple thing to set up these kind of tests that almost any smartphone OS would win.
How?
Just pretest hundreds of different scenarios against other phones and pick the specific test where the phone (in this case the windows phone) wins the test.
Then do this kind of thing.
Let there be a possibility that the phone got beaten in just some tests to make it look less "staged".
This wasn't a more neutral benchmark, where we KNOW that Windows Phone gets beaten really bad!

G

[citation][nom]mohsh86[/nom]not my problem if you can't freakin use widgets efficiently, i bet this guy with SGS II all way long..Plus, he already tried those test before he goes on camera, just to make sure he beat those poor guys..[/citation]

I think it was more about the people and how efficiently they interface with their particular phone. This guy's probably an "ace" and has a lot of practice. I believe it was also them just having fun and giving stuff away in a way that would draw more attention than just handing stuff out. At the same time, they may have some free footage for future commercials.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
A better way to test is for one of the losers who received a free Windows phone to root it and put Android ICS on it. Then re-test against the challenger.

jwcalla

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
That video is far more believable than, say, a five-page AnandTech benchmark article. Were they measuring the time to the first BSOD?

Cripes Tom's is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.