Question Windows starts last played media automatically

Shpinxis

Estimable
Feb 22, 2016
I have an issue with Windows on my laptop where it keeps automatically playing the last played media. If I pause a youtube video and go do something else, 10 seconds later the video will start playing again. If I have a music program open, say windows media player, and pause it to go to another program, 10 to 15 seconds later the media will start playing again by itself. It's really annoying and I can't figure it out.

Thank you.

It's likely to be a YouTube seeting that needs changing. Mine automatically gives me their choice of what I'd like to play next but I can reverse that setting and all is peace and quiet until I select the next track I want to hear. The setting is in the right hand column and it's a slide button.

Shpinxis

Estimable
Feb 22, 2016
It's not just youtube nor is it just the browser. Like I said, any application that might use the media pause/play button has the issue. It's as if Windows is constantly pressing play every 10/15 seconds and if nothing is playing, the last application that was running will just start playing again. It's super annoying.