windows vista Premium Ready

hemeid

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
i"am search for new laptop for vista
i find Sony VAIO® AR290G NotebookVGN-AR290G
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_AR_Series&ProductSKU=VGNAR290G&TabName=specs&var2=

but i find they write windows vista Premium Ready in the corenar
i know there editions of vista
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows Vista Home Premium
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Ultimate

my aqustion that can i use this laptop for all of these editions of vista or not ??

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
WOW!
Hold on a minute partner! That's a $3,000+ machine with a nVidia 7600 video card! You can get far more machine for that price. I looked up the specs and there are some real red flags:

RAM
2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM
HD Details
Hard Drive details Speed: 5400rpm / (100GB x 2) in RAID 0
Display and video details 256MB NVDIA GeForce Go 7600GT

Will that system support Vista? Yes
Is that an astronomical price tag for that machine? Yes.
If they are going to use a RAID0 configuration and 5,400 rpm hard drives, there really isn't any reason you couldn't use 120 GB or 160 Gb hard drives and have 240 or 320 Gb of space.

That is a pretty strange combo 5,400 and RAID0, but I would recommend 7,200 rpm hard drives for performance (you could save a lot on drive cost by using the 5,400 rpm ones, probably $85 er drive). I am going to warn you, with a RAID0 set up like that, Windows uses special drivers, and if either drive fails or gets corrupted, the entire array is toast, RAID0 probably isn't best for the average user, but it is the best performance.

Then to have a 7600 class card in there, is really strange too, you can check out the performance you can expect on my Mobile GPU Comparison Chart. i think you will see it is an unacceptable level of performance for that price range.

P.S. Welcome back me, all thanks can be sent to the forum moderator.

hemeid

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
it is the first time to see this laptop
Mobile GPU Comparison Chart
sony is abig company and famouse
i need answer of my question