windows wont recognize my headphones

amcneeley828

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I recently upgraded my pc and had to rewire it. After this whenever i plug in my headphones they wont show up in the settings. I also checked disabled devices and they still wont show up.

Solution

Hello,

If you have connected your monitor with HDMI cable then when you plug in your headphone , go to the speaker icon right click on it and select playback devices you will find there speakers and connected HDMI . Right click on speakers which represent your headphone and choose set as default device and default comm device.

Regards

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

Try the front panel in your chassis .
Try another headphone or speakers .
What version of windows you are using ? do you use Audio Manager that comes with the driver or the windows ones ?

Regards

amcneeley828

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I have tried the front audio jack, but that did not work. I also tried another pair of headphones but that also did not work. I am using windows 7 and am just using the sound thing that windows comes with. Also audio is able to come out of my monitor just not through my headphones.

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

Hello,

If you have connected your monitor with HDMI cable then when you plug in your headphone , go to the speaker icon right click on it and select playback devices you will find there speakers and connected HDMI . Right click on speakers which represent your headphone and choose set as default device and default comm device.

Regards

Solution