Windscribe VPN: Good, If Not Great

Apr 13, 2018
Looks like you weren't able to try the new (and very secure) IKEv2 protocol that is now available as beta to all users. Speeds are MUCH faster now. As a former PIA user, I find Windscribe's benefit/cost ratio to be MUCH better than the competition. Unlimited devices/connections is virtually unheard of in this industry. In addition, their active and vibrant Reddit (which the founder frequents) is a valuable extra advantage. I highly recommend them!

Apr 20, 2018
Have to agree with the comment above. The new version of their app solved all speed issues for me. WINDFLIX works great, and connects almost instantly. ExpressVPn software crashed on me daily, Windscribe was connected for almost a week now, with zero problems.

May 29, 2018
Being able to watch Netflix easily withou speed interuptions is what I love about the many windscribes features! I would recommend this vpn to anyone based on the speeds alone, not to forget the great features it also provides.

Jun 23, 2018
Works like a charm for me! Great to see they are continuing to update their services and features, other providers just stick to what they've got. Windscribe continuyes to amaze me with their overall performance, and I'm on the free plan which is even better!

Jul 31, 2018
A lot faster than the other VPN's i've tried, a lot more features too. Very affordable and easy to use. Speeds are good but there is room for improvement, That be said, they have improved since the last update which tells me they are continuing to monitor the overall performance of the VPN. Always a good sign!

Aug 2, 2018
This VPN is amazing. I have the free version, and even with that I have 16 gb of VPN usage and I don't really use that much per month (normally I use 3gb). So that's wonderful. Besides, it's easy to use with the Chrome extension and simple/fast. Great VPN.

Jul 31, 2018
Very happy with the overall outcome of Windscribe. It was by far much better than I had expected it to be especially on the free plan, so was pleased to see good speeds and all the extra features work. Very handy to have on your desktop and mobile phone.

k.

Nov 2, 2018
Great for people on the go such as travellers. Easily lets you access geo restricted websites and Netflix! Can't live without that :) Worth the investment especially seeing as you aren't tied to just one device.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
Windscribe HAS a kill switch, it's called "FIREWALL". As far as speeds go, they're quite dismal. Support tends to remain silent on major issues and discreetly remedies them in the background, sometimes not at all. There's major inconsistency between features in their Chrome extension and client. Windscribe is ok for what you pay when there's a promotion. However, don't expect reliability with this VPN because servers go up and down.

Dec 5, 2018
A lot better than the over vpns i've tried out. I think Windscribe has a lot of potential in becoming one of the best VPN's out there in history. So many cool features plus the servers are great, and the speeds. It may be a little bit more expensive than your average vpn, but you definitely get what you pay for with Windscribe.

Jan 21, 2019
Big fan of windscribe. First started using it in 2017 when it was pretty new, now, i've upgraded and am still a big fan of theirs. Great speeds, features, security, and customer service has improved a ton since when they first opened up. It's a great VPN to have on all your devices even if you don't use the different servers. The features such as the cookie monster, and ad and tracker blockers alone are a good enough reason to have this installed!

Mar 6, 2019
Windscribe is a great vpn and one I'd definitely recommend for both newbies and professional VPN users. The number of locations and services available are incredible, all which function well with reliable speeds. If you're looking for more information, I'd recommend visiting their website as they have a lot of great info there. Good luck!

Apr 8, 2019
Is this VPN for free? I would like to try this one. Thanks!
Hi! Yea they have a free version which is actually pretty cool. You don't get as many locations and servers, plus your data allowance is pretty small, but, you get all the same features and security settings, and it's a great way to start off using windscribe and then later on decide if you want to go pro and invest. Personally, I'd sign up for pro (even if it's after you try out the free plan) as Windscribe has some really good speeds and features that I haven't been able to compare to any other VPN. Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: codyteddy