AMA {Winners announced!} The MSI Laptop AMA and Giveaway - Win a MSI Optix Curved Gaming Monitor!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSI_TONI

Official Representative
Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for the fast reply!

These are available for pre-order now. When is the official ship date? I've seen a couple different dates ranging from lat April to late May.

Thanks.

Hi G4Captain,

These are available for pre-order starting today and will ship out on 04/15, it will vary a bit from retailer to retailer. Our retail partner at Newegg can offer next day shipping option on select MSI 10th gen laptop so you can have it in hand, hopefully, on the 15th! Let us know if you have anymore questions, we're here to help.

Here's the link to our retail partner:
https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=msi gl&Order=RELEASE

Thanks!

Reactions: jsimenhoff

MSI_TONI

Official Representative
Mar 30, 2020
I plan on building my first gaming rig soon. What sort of tips can you give me and what should I expect to pay for a mid range rig?

Hi Cheeze_Boi5700,

Our tip on your first gaming rig from our team is:

Don't forget to attach the IO shield for the motherboard to the case and make sure your CPU is compatible with the motherboard. Mid range builds can vary in pricing depending on what components you pick but you may end up in the $800-$1200 range.

Hope these tips were hopeful for you. We recommend watching some build videos as well to get a better idea on how the build will go and what components will suit and fit your particular needs.

Thanks for your question!

Reactions: jsimenhoff

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, CS:GO, Battlefield and COD are the typical games I play. What monitors would you recommend that will give me the edge over my competition? Thanks!

Apr 2, 2020
Overwatch, Killing Floor 2, CS:GO, Battlefield and COD are the typical games I play. What monitors would you recommend that will give me the edge over my competition? Thanks!

Hi, that's a great question! Generally speaking you want a monitor with a high refresh rate and low response time when playing FPS games such as the ones you play. We have many monitors that can give you an edge over others, but here are a couple to check out!

Optix MAG272CRX: This is a 27" Curved monitor great for long gaming sessions with a really high 240Hz refresh rate ans 1ms response time.

Oculux NXG252R: If you want the fastest possible advantage, this monitor is geared for esports with a blazing 0.5 response time and 240Hz refresh rate flat panel.

Optix G24C4: A more budget friendly option with a 144Hz response time.

Reactions: omegadoom13
Apr 2, 2020
I’m looking for a light laptop for gaming, what do you guys recommend?

Sure, we have a refreshed version of our GL65 Leopard available for purchase in the coming weeks. It has the latest 10th gen Intel i7-10750H processor and GeForce RTX 2060 GPU which are great for gaming. This model weighs a little over 5 lbs.

For an even lighter laptop, you can check out the GF65 THIN line weighing just over 4 lbs.

Avoiding the standard questions...

How would you honestly say your new laptop compares to not only the current competition, but also your own companies prior and current lineup?

Not looking for specs info/comparison, just a real persons view.

I look forward to your response. :)

MSI_watchtower

Official Representative
Mar 30, 2020
Avoiding the standard questions...

How would you honestly say your new laptop compares to not only the current competition, but also your own companies prior and current lineup?

Not looking for specs info/comparison, just a real persons view.

I look forward to your response. :)

That is a great question! Personally, I am glad to see the industry has been growing so much. Lots of brands started to fine-tune their products for their audience. That being said, I really like the unique features that our new 10th gen products offer such as great cooling design, 99.9 Whr battery, 300 Hz display with 3ms response time.

Our new products definitely improve a lot from the previous generation from the feedbacks of our users. Here is another example, two years ago when we first launched our GS65 model and there was some feedback on the chassis may flex a bit under great pressure. So this year we push the limits and re-design the whole chassis into an all-black, stealth finish with reinforce chassis/ hinges. Every year is a new challenge for us, whether on the hardware or software, we continue to improve. We want to create the best genuine product for you and other users.

MSI_TONI

Official Representative
Mar 30, 2020
What type and size drives to MSI laptops generally run? Do you recommend any external drives?
Hello, our new laptop models use NVMe SSDs that range in capacity of 512GB to 2TB. In general we use 7200RPM hard drives of about 1TB usually.

Hi!

We have answered this similar question, please see the quote above.

As for an external drive recommendation, some of the team really enjoy using the WD_BLACK P50 SSD. They have great build quality, super sleek design that matches perfectly with our new GS66 Stealth gaming laptop and it's really portable to carry with you. We like them a lot and Western Digital has been producing reliable external drives for a long time.

Thanks for your question!

Reactions: g.cullings872

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Greetings,

So what new break-through/bleeding edge technology can we expect from MSI in the next generation of systems? What will we see (and want) that sets MSI apart from the crowd (of other manufacturers)?

Thank you,
COLGeek

MSI_TONI

Official Representative
Mar 30, 2020
Greetings,

So what new break-through/bleeding edge technology can we expect from MSI in the next generation of systems? What will we see (and want) that sets MSI apart from the crowd (of other manufacturers)?

Thank you,
COLGeek

Hi,

We are constantly trying to improve our products by listening to feedback from consumers and the media and integrate them in our new offerings. For example, we updated the GS66 Stealth with a reinforced chassis, improved hinge design, better sound with our Duo Wave Speaker tech and a large 99.9Whr battery all in a thin and light laptop.

As for the bleed-edge tech, our new Creator 17 is the world's first laptop to feature Mini LED display. It can go up an industry-leading 1000 nits of brightness, has deep blacks and amazing color reproduction. We think a lot of people are going to love it once they get a chance to see the world of difference that it makes.

We take our product feedback seriously and we're always looking to improve our product line-up.

Thanks for your questions!

Reactions: COLGeek
Status
Not open for further replies.