Wired Speaker to smart tv

avillamater

Prominent
May 18, 2017
All I want to do is connect my old infinity wired speakers to my samsung smart tv. I thought I could do by connecting an optical cord to the tv and tuner... I get no sound. I already know the speaker, tuner and tv work. Please help!! Thanks

Solution
Well, it seems your Onkyo has an amplifier (can't find specs, only picture of the back panel), so if you connect your speakers to it, they shoud produce sound (you can check this even now, using built-in radio).

As for TV connection - one option is to use RCA-to-3.5mm cable, and connect headphones out from TV to eg CD IN, or VIDEO IN on the tuner/amplifier. Another option is to use optical-to-analog converter instead, and enable optical out from TV' settings

avillamater

Prominent
May 18, 2017

The speakers are Infinity RS 2001 and I also have Niles OS-5 speakers. They are both "dump" as they use the old fashioned speaker wire.
The Samsung TV is model UN50J5200
Onkyo synthesized tuner amplifier TX-820

Im so appreciative of any help or suggestions.

Well, it seems your Onkyo has an amplifier (can't find specs, only picture of the back panel), so if you connect your speakers to it, they shoud produce sound (you can check this even now, using built-in radio).

As for TV connection - one option is to use RCA-to-3.5mm cable, and connect headphones out from TV to eg CD IN, or VIDEO IN on the tuner/amplifier. Another option is to use optical-to-analog converter instead, and enable optical out from TV' settings

Solution

TRENDING THREADS