Wireless adapter suddenly stopped working

s_turjman9

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
I have a Sony vaio laptop model VPCEA31FX, Windows 10 OS.

this issue occurred yesterday where my Wireless stopped working suddenly for no reason,
this little monitor screen and a little cross inside of it where my wi-fi connection showed up,
i went to my adapter settings and my wireless card wasn't found, i went to device manager and
it's gone too, so i thought something happened to the wireless adapter driver so i opened the
laptop to see if there's something wrong with the wireless card itself or the wires but everything
seemed fine, the wireless switch is switched on but doesn't light up anymore after it stopped working yesterday, in one my of hard resets i was lucky to find my wireless adapter listed in the
device manager with a exclamation mark next to it so i checked the properties and it said that this device cannot start so i uninstalled it and restarted it in hope for reinstalling automatically but didn't work so i went to the vaio website to download the driver but the download links have expired and they only support windows 7 OS drivers then checked intel website for the wireless adapter but the highest version was windows 8.1 so i called the vaio "premium" support (which was a terrible experience, never calling them again) and he lady told me the the only solution is to revert back to windows 7 cause my laptop model doesn't support windows 10 drivers i ended the call and was angry I've had windows 10 since last December so nearly a year and this is the first problem i encountered about drivers

my wireless card model is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN.

i have no restoration points or an access to the internet in the laptop because there's a problem with the ethernet port too.

any solutions for this problem?

Language redacted. This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Splendid
1| Since the mobile computing device doesn't have official support for Windows 10, it's highly possible that the lack thereof is causing the issue on both your wired and wireless adapters.

2| Have you tried installing the drivers, you found out, under an elevated command or in compatibility mode?
i.e:
Right click installer>Compatibility tab>Windows 7(from the drop down menu)
or
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
?

3| It's also possible that the device's themselves are giving up the ghost. I've had a number of laptop's come in exhibiting signs of a faulty/failing NIC.

s_turjman9

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017

#1 i onetime opened the laptop and while installing the Ethernet adapter to the Motherboard i ripped off two wires accidentally because they are lot of wires close to each other so that why i suppose it doesn't recognize any Ethernet cable.

i've tried #2 and nothing happened.

do you think i should spend the effort to revert back to windows 7 because i have 310 GB worth of data in the hard drive or just buy a USB wifi interface?