Wireless Bluetooth headphones won't work on Laptop

woeissick

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014
The thing:
I recently bought a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Pro (non +) and an Asus 4.0 Bluetooth stick for the HP Pavillon dv-7 laptop.
Bluetooth stick works just fine and recognizes the headphones
Windows 7 claims not to be able to find drivers for it
I downloaded Plantronics software to update the headphone drivers - it showed everything is to be up to date
Windows just won't install the 4 drivers for the headphones in the Device-Manager - that is what doesn't make them work wireless
I constantly get the message ''no drivers for bluetooth peripheral device''
With the USB cable and normal 3,5mm cable (combinned FYI, so I have to use both to get sound on the PC) they work fine
I tried to install the default Microsoft Bluetooth audio driver which was supposed to solve the issue as multiple threads claimed but it obviously didn't
They work just fine wireless via Bluetooth on a phone though

woeissick

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014

Hm the adapter works just fine to me. It detects every single bluetooth device in the house. Windows 7 just struggles to find drivers for the headphones and leaves it with this yellow warning sign next to the icon in the device-manager.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 12
M Audio 1
M Audio 3
F Audio 4
M Audio 1
D Audio 3
D Audio 1
M Audio 1
L Audio 1
D Audio 1
B Audio 1
L Audio 1
M Audio 1
S Audio 2
B Audio 1
B Audio 2
tomsguideUS Audio 27
N Audio 1
M Audio 8
S Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Adding an external sound card to DELL Inspiron 5000 5579 laptop.
My bluetooth wireless skullcandy headphones work perfect how do you turn off when not in use and the blue light keeps flashing
Solved! What's the best way to wirelessly stream audio from my Roku to my projector to my amp's bluetooth receiver?
Solved! Harman Kardon Aura Plus or Soundstick Wireless
What device is best for connecting wireless earphones to non Bluetooth PC and Phone(Nexus5)
How to connect wireless headphone or ear buds to old stereo w standard 3.5mm plug in but no Bluetooth
Speakers and Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
how to connect 4 wireless bluetooth headphones to my lgtv
Can I connect Bluetooth wireless headphones to LG smart TV and have sound to both the tv and the headphones at the same time?
Wireless Headphones Via Bluetooth Transmitter
So, i got new wireless headphone and i can't connect it to pc whenever i paired it with pc, when i checked device manager the
Can I use wireless headphones on my Samsung TV that does not have bluetooth?
Help with wireless headphones and non Bluetooth tv
Will 300 mbps Bluetooth be able to deliver 7.1 virtual surround sound to my wireless headphones?
how can I use HBS760 wireless bluetooth headphones with my Vizio sound bar
How can I connect my Samsung UN558000 to wireless headphones? I purchased the Kinivo USB Bluetooth Adapter. but no luck.
Win an XQISIT Bluetooth Headset from Tom’s Guide!
Does Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones work with Skype(wireless-ly)?
How do I connect a set bluetooth wireless headphones to my samsung smart tv ?
I have a sony LED with USB ports but no in-built bluetooth. Is it possible to connect wireless headphones with my LED vid blue

ASK THE COMMUNITY