Wireless Headphones with non blue tooth amp/receiver

Jes2001

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
I have a Yamaha RX-V673 amp/rec. I use a Vortexbox appliance to play my FLAC files through the amp. However my wife is complaining of the noise !(Led Zep, Floyd, YES) and so I want to connect up some wireless headphones to the amp. I have looked into the subject a bit and realise I need a Bluetooth transmitter connected to the amp.(Is there a preferred method for this, e.g. headphone socket or RCA connectors etc.) Having googled these transmitters it seem many are not well received. Can anyone advise on the best transmitter that will compliment my FLAC files? I believe it needs the latest APTX technology, but is this the best available?

Many thanks for any help.

Solution
Some people swear by APTX and some think it doesn't do anything, regardless, both ends has to support the feature else is useless.

I have done some depth research on the subject and have decided not to spend more time on $$ on the matter, but you want to GOOGLE "high fidelity bluetooth" and see what comes back and see what you like and can afford.
Some people swear by APTX and some think it doesn't do anything, regardless, both ends has to support the feature else is useless.

I have done some depth research on the subject and have decided not to spend more time on $$ on the matter, but you want to GOOGLE "high fidelity bluetooth" and see what comes back and see what you like and can afford.

Solution