Wireless/wired mic only option?

chris886

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I'm going to start doing some gaming in the living room. I will probably use the TV surround sound for audio, but still want to be able to have a mic.

Does anyone have/know of a good solution? Bonus points if it's a full working headset that has the option to be used as mic only (most headsets turn off if the audio isn't being used). Wireless would be nice from the couch, but I'm not being picky.

Solution
if you will be using the tv surround while gaming then you really dont want a headset with just the mic enabled (you wont be able to hear the game on your speakers).

i would suggest one of a few options:

-phone bluetooth headset paired with pc bluetooth receiver (fairly cheap, convenient but not as comfortable
-bluetooth or wireless microphone paired with receiver on pc (convenient, may be slightly expensive)
-usb mic with boom arm & stand (better quality, less convenient)
if you will be using the tv surround while gaming then you really dont want a headset with just the mic enabled (you wont be able to hear the game on your speakers).

i would suggest one of a few options:

-phone bluetooth headset paired with pc bluetooth receiver (fairly cheap, convenient but not as comfortable
-bluetooth or wireless microphone paired with receiver on pc (convenient, may be slightly expensive)
-usb mic with boom arm & stand (better quality, less convenient)

Solution