With iPhone XR, Apple Just Rewrote the Phone Script

Oct 30, 2018
What if the Apple strategy was to split their old two normal/plus models into four models: mainline normal and max, and luxury normal and max? While changing the format from bezel to all-screen? Would they then not first make the iPhone 10, to test the ground of the new format combined with luxury? And then 10s and 10s Max is not so difficult, so they can focus in that year on the all-screen 10r, which as you describe is essentially the equivalent of mainline plus. If this would be true, I’d expect a mainline 11 with 11 Max, and a luxury 11 with luxury 11 Max next year. And most likely the mainline models would then trickle down each year, as usual, while the luxury models would replace each other each year. If true, Apple also might release some iPhone 9 model in March to fill the gap of the missing iPhone 10r mini...

stancilmor

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Why does nobody talk about the RAM difference? 4GB compared to 3GB? doesn't an extra 33% more or 25% less memory count for something? And then there's the battery life; what happened? why pay more money for less battery life? what's using up the extra battery life? more pixels, inefficient OLED technology, the 33% more RAM, the second camera. And what about using the extra pixels/screen size on the XS max to show more content, but not two simultaneous apps? or the fact that the XR has weaker glass on the back? And what good are all those pretty colors if the phones are going to be covered with a case...clear cases are cool until they fill up with random debris. Of the stainless steel more easily scratched than the aluminum band on the XR. I have an iPhone 4s, it's time to upgrade, but XR, Xs, Xs max really muddied the waters. At least the new iPad Pro with the A12x processor seems like a clear upgrade path. I could buy a iPad Pro and XR for the price of a tricked out XS max...what gives.

Feb 7, 2019
I just got iPhone XR, traded in from iPhone 6, for me it's a big change, I like the new iPhone, Ill update if i'll run into issues

Feb 28, 2019
I just got iPhone XR, traded in from iPhone 6, for me it's a big change, I like the new iPhone, Ill update if i'll run into issues
I traded in my 6S as well. Satisfied with the new one. But it's a shame XR doesn't have silicone case : (