wndows 7 Slow performance and freezes even after fresh installation

parthedon

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
I'm using hp pavilion g6 1310-tx.I have 500gb wd HD along with ati radeon hd 6470m.My windows 7 64-bit home premium was running slow so i decided to backup my data and do a fresh install.I successfully backed up my HD and started fresh installation of win 7 home premium 64 bit .After deleting my partitions i created new one and formatted HD , windows installed successfully .First boot was fine and everything was normal, i restarted it and now it takes a long time to boot up.Even after the boot windows randomly freezes and takes a long time to display explorer and right click options.i didn't install any drivers yet but still facing the issue.
I thought it must be a bad HD so i tried various checks.From windows installation disk i went to repair tools and used "chkdsk /r C:" everything was fine there.Next i ran
wmic
diskdrive get status
and got OK status, so i think it's not HD issue.Also i ran the primary memory check from hp bios diagnosis and it displayed "PASS". I tried installing windows many times but still the same problem.I even went for installing ubuntu but it is also having errors while booting up.I'hve tried windows 8.1 but same result,please suggest something.

First when you do a clean install, the laptop will take a lot of time. It took me about 6 odd hours of installing different updates and restarting the machine at least 4 times before it settled down.

My best suggestion is pick an os, download it and install it. It will be very slow the first time you use it. Give it about a day of installing updates and drivers and then judge if it is the hardware or the software.