WODE Jukebox Adds Homebrew to Your Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

domenic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
"...currently selling the WODE Jukebox for $95.00 USD here. The device works on Wii firmware 4.1 and lower"

Uh? why is this better than a softmod? Am I missing something?

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Does it have the "Nintendo Quality Assuarance Ribbon" though lol. Ya probably not. And will Nintendo do anything to the company that is selling this? If I were to unlock my WII. Maybe I would look on the internet for a free alternitive. But thats just me.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
Apparently no one at Tom's got the memo about softmodding to install Homebrew. As complicated as downloading a few files to a USB drive and plugging it into your Wii, at the low, low price of free. $95 hardware? No thanks.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I would say that this is for all the idiots that dont feel like doing the leg work and dont feel comfortable opening thier consoles, but I soft modded mine and didnt do any of that.

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Honestly, this is all too complicated to be worth it. I just emulate the Wii on my computer instead. Much easier, and I can play games (Zelda) at much higher resolution that the real Wii can.

That being said, a computer DOES cost a lot more than a Wii, so i guess this stuff does have a market.

G

Softmodding is slightly dangerous for the console. Also, the WODE is indistinguishable from the Wii's DVD drive to Nintendo, so when you update your console's firmware the WODE still works, unlike softmods. Also, the WODE itself does not allow homebrew to run without first softmodding the console, the title of the article is wrong.

The main reason I bought a WODE is to have all my games in one place without having the kids shuffling around the discs without requiring any softmods. It also works with any version of the Wii firmware not only 4.1 and lower although any version newer than 4.1 does not allow the running of out of region games.

You should check out the WODE's main site at www.wodejukebox.com they do a much better job at explaining the WODE than the few misleading articles that have been floating around for the last few days.

The WODE team has also mentioned that they are working on a similar product for the Xbox 360.

My last defence of the WODE is that the above mentioned Softmod USB Loaders require that your external harddrive be formatted in the WBFS file system and that games be transfered to the drive using special software. The WODE allows your disc images to reside on any popular filesystem in ISO or the smaller WBFS file format. It also runs and rips Gamecube game which I beleive the USB loaders can't run.

daworstplaya

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMQs1MLMwtU&NR=1Now this would be a great addition to the collection.[/citation]

Wow another bigot on this forum. Big surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.