Woman Addicted to Online Game Neglects Children and Leaves Bodies of Starved Dog

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
The Daily Mail is a black top tabloid newspaper in London. It's sensationalism and not actual news.

I doubt this story ever actually happened.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
mikem_90 09/14/2010 1:21 AM Hide -1+
Its a terrible tragedy and she should be punished, but there needs to be a lot better mental health help in the United States to avoid people getting to this crazy addicted point.

dude, i think the maidstown crown court was a tip off, granted that bit of infor was at the very bottom of the article. go google it.
Crown Court
High St, Staplehurst, Tonbridge TN12 0AW, UK

made me laugh when you assumed it was an american, i was wondering where the hell she was from myself, i was going to guess korea, since that's where the last case i heard about was.

just a note facebooks games are evil bandwidth sucking hogs, my 4yr old neice loves playing pet games which are flash based and i can tell the very second she starts one up weather it's dsl or cable internet.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Sirmaxz2nd[/nom]She obviously was depressed because her husband passed away. She could not deal with it so she escaped in the alternative reality where he did not have to deal with the pain.[/citation]
No excuse, fix her and make sure she no longer even attempts to breed.

DaveWesh

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
/Rant

Bull sh*t, give her 36 Years, the average life of a dog times 2. There IS NO SUCH THING as an addicting game. I've played WoW off and on the last 4 Years, Guild Wars Off and On the last 3 years, Lineage for a year, City of Heroes off and on the last 2 years, and god forbid, Runescape all through out high school. there is no such thing as addicting games, YOU are the problem if you get addicted, YOU are the un-respectable P.O.S of a human that cant stand the real world and get a grip. I work 50 hours a week at a steel shipping warehouse and prior to that i used to sit on my computer 8-9 hours a day.

Wake up, Grow up, do what ever you have to, Just stop acting like games are the new drug of choice to people who cant deal with stress the way we're supposed to. (IE: GETTING OVER IT)

/End

Now.... I feel a little better, I really do think this is BS. I hope she loses her kids forever, I also hope somehow or another she gets a longer term (which wont happen but still).

wolfram23

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
EVERYONE! This is a hoax. Or at least partially a hoax. That game DOES NOT EXIST. It exists as a physical board game, and recently an ipad game. That's all. No PC game, no Facebook game.

However, whatever she was up to, what she let happen is despicable.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Uh, there are PEOPLE who have addiction problems who get addicted to RPGs such as WOW, etc... spending months to make enough EXPs to buy that +10 fracken sword.

I've gotten into fights with an exGF over such games... spending hours up hours when there were more important things to do.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
She fed her kids and got them off to school. That's damn near up there with what most parents do will other then also acting all high and mighty.

I could care less about the dogs, other then she left them in there to rot. Pretty said as a lot of you probably more pissed about the dogs then the children.

6 months is fine for this as long as she is forced to seek actual help. The dogs died not her kids.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
you know what its incidents like this that give gaming a really bad press, don't let people like Jack Thompson get a hold of this.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]proletarian[/nom]daily mail? pfft.[/citation]
Yeah, cos the Daily Mail managed to spin it so she looked like a bad person?
No spin here, she deserves to have her kids put in care, sterilised so can't have any more and spend the rest of her days cleaning up roadkill as a reminder of what she did to her dogs.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
sue facebook thats where it all started while this is really atrocious, she handled the heart attack of her hubby pretty bad, maybe she needed help at the time she first found herself addicted

Von Death

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]games are fun, but your children are FIRST![/citation]
children are fun, but your games are FIRST!

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
The parent is a disgrace. She should seek help if she needed from friends and family. Facebook is a really pathetic place to run to.

But as for the kids, 10 and 13? 13! surely if you can zergling rush and use a virtual sniper rifle you can cook your own dinner and dress yourself.

Is the bar getting lower and lower for both parents and children?

dawolf74

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
9, 10 and 13 let their dogs starve and did not clean up after themselves at all.

So not only was she a mindless slob, but she had no ability to teach her children or maintain any discipline.

At 13 my daughter could run a household single handedly. I wouldn't have asked her to, but she was capable of it. With the help of an intelligent 9 and 10 year old, not only would things have been taken care of, but they probably would have been taking care of mom.

Not saying it would be right, but what is wrong with the kids beyond just simple neglect? How far are they behind already in capabilities? She needs to never get these kids back, ever.

coleipoo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
The woman had a problem, and she needed help. The game, along with other MMO types, do not help her and other's situations by hooking people in and creating addictive natures.

In some cases, games like this and WoW need to be held responsible, because they are so addictive in nature.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Sirmaxz2nd[/nom]She obviously was depressed because her husband passed away. She could not deal with it so she escaped in the alternative reality where he did not have to deal with the pain.[/citation]

...or the kids...or the dogs...*rimshot*

Status
Not open for further replies.