Woman Addicted to Online Game Neglects Children and Leaves Bodies of Starved Dog

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
He told Maidstone Crown Court that she hoped to be reunited with her children in the future.....................after just one more round of smallworld...............

Lan

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
Wow, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but am I the only person that doesn't care about the dogs? They are animals people. Yes, it sucks that they died needlessly, but they are only animals, who cares?

As for the kids, a lot can be said but I'll leave it to "you reap what you sow."

G

Please remove this inaccurate article and stop the irresponsible drivel.

http://blog.daysofwonder.com/2010/09/13/dow-responds-to-outrageous-uk-press-stories/

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
OH GOD SHE LET 2 DOGS DIE AND WAS A GROSS SHITTY MOM JAIL FOR LIFE WAIT NO KILL HER

Subhuman filth. You need scandal and tragedy to give you any moral standards, then craft the punishments from your emotional response. The mark of a degenerate culture.

Gonemad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
At least she managed to eat and sleep 2 hours per night (and pay for her neglect), while some bloke in Korea or what-its-named country literally played to death in 1-2 weeks. I feel sorry for the kids and pets, though.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]made me laugh when you assumed it was an american, i was wondering where the hell she was from myself, i was going to guess korea, since that's where the last case i heard about was.just a note facebooks games are evil bandwidth sucking hogs, my 4yr old neice loves playing pet games which are flash based and i can tell the very second she starts one up weather it's dsl or cable internet.[/citation]

yeah, my bad, I guess sometimes without thinking and hearing anything saying exactly where (as opposed to some obscure court or another) it might be US related. Especially with crazies. The US tends to corner that market.

Though really, mental health is a big concern. In the US it tends to be relegated to "you have some kind of anxiety disorder. Have some pills." and not to find the root causes of these problems that pop up like little warning lights.

And if someone doesn't get the help they need or the meds only partly help, but cause too many side effects... we get weirdness like this. And we wonder why it happens.

G

Wait a second, something is completely wrong with this story... Do you really think children aged 9, 10 and 13 would have kept shut about 2 dead dogs in the dining room for that long? I don't know about this one...

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
You know it would suck to have your only parent addicted to gaming, but really the 13- and 10-year-olds are old enough that when they see the problem progress to the point that the dogs are starving, then being left to rot, they should think 'hmm maybe I should do something about this.' If they didn't want to involve anyone else and she wouldn't listen to them they could try unplugging the RAM from the computer and hiding it. If that and nothing else works, well you just have to get someone else to help you, there's no avoiding it.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]the children are stupid for not feeding the dogs...my dad taught me to feed the dog when i was 7. c'mon..i smell trailer trash[/citation]

Yeah, REALLY! What was the 13 year old doing? 13 YEARS OLD and they let animals starve to death.

candrwhite

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]WoW dodged a bullet here.[/citation]

Funny... Sad... and true. Though honestly, every other somewhat addictive game dodged a bullet. Yet somehow we always think of WoW.

widcard

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
That's sad, Another example how spending lots of money on that next computer so you can sit there for hours on end running your mouth about some other loser you think is hacking.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Fake. It's from the Daily Mail. A British tabloid.

Tom's, never source and article from the Daily mail again. You're dragging down your own standards.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Please remove said offender from the gene pool.[/citation]

[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]You'd have to take out her three kids as well.[/citation]

Well you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.