Woman Kills Child for Interrupting Farmville Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ace5423

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I think we need to go with the eye for an eye logic right here.

SHAKE THE MOTHER!!!!!!!!!! Then apply cliff!!!!!!!!

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]lejay[/nom]Not really tech news... I got fox news for **** like this.[/citation]
Then go watch fox news and don't waste our time reading your comment.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Sickening truly sickening. Even though its almost certain that mental illness played a role in
this it's still so hard to understand. While nothing will ever make what happened right I do hope
that the mother gets the help she needs and hopefully if not already realizes what she did was wrong and regrets it.

G

This shows how ppl can take the smallest things and turn it around on a poor child! If it wasnt the game today it could have been her fav tv show tomorrow, or a phone call the next day!!! She needs LIFE!! with no way in hell to get out!! PPl that messed up dont just fix thereself over night they screwed for life!!

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I can see it now.... "God damn it I was about to spread this manure you spoiled brat!!!" *Clubs kid with keyboard several times* "Ahh thats much better..." *Goes back to Farmvilie game*

Somehow I suspect that the mom might have also been smoking meth or crack or something... I just can't imagine Farmville alone inciting this kind of violence.

Disclaimer: I have never ever played Farmville and it looks boring as hell to me.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Quick, sue Zynga (FarmVille's publisher), it's the American way. I mean, clearly Zynga acted with reckless disregard for the welfare of her family by designing such an addictive game. And the subliminal messages it conveys clearly caused her to do this. Besides, Zynga has money and their stock is way up right now. Go ahead, it makes as much sense as suing bands and record labels when kids kill or commit suicide.

G

It's very sad that it happened. However, I will say that Farmville, World of Warcraft, Cafe World, Assassins Creed and a myriad of many other games can be addictive. I'm as susceptible to spending too much time playing games and having no life as anyone else is. We can't really blame anyone but ourselves for setting in front of the computer and zoning out to real life.

I think we've done it to ourselves because it was easy entertainment for our kids and we excused it as "well at least I know they are home staying out of trouble and they are safe"... Addiction whether computer based, physical, mental or any other form is something that we all need to guard ourselves against.

There is no excuse for what she did only an example of what we are allowing ourselves to become because there are less or no risks in a virtual world.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]stevo777[/nom]Why is it that we have to keep paying taxes to detain these rejects.[/citation]
Because lynch mobs and vigilante crews are frowned upon.

wowohwow

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I played Farmville and it IS boring as hell. If this woman has time to play games on Facebook, she was clearly never a good mother.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
She killed the baby while she playing Farmville... I don't want to defend that terrible game but that doesn't mean Farmville was the cause. She was just crazy, maybe Farmville had something to do with it but who knows.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
What is happening? People shooting each other over internet verbal exchange, children killing their parents over getting grounded for playing too much games and now this. Have people lost their minds? Really sad and disgusting.

G

There were probably lots of other problems with the woman in question beyond addicted to games. Probably addicted to other things as well. Some of those things that make you do stupid stuff like shake the baby to death.

Some people just don't have a parenting instincts and shouldn't have kids. When Farmville is more important than your child, you really shouldn't have had a child. Yet, they have kids anyway. People must be licensed to drive and licensed to buy a gun. Would it be too much to ask to be licensed to have a child? It would? Really? Is it any less a matter of life and death than driving?

The only justice I can think of for this case comes from the Old Testament. An eye for an eye...

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom] Please remove her from the gene pool ASAP.[/citation]

apparently she's taking care of that herself......

G

I know two baby boomers that are addicted to the this game on facebook. I am not on facebook and have no plans to go on it. You know there was a Star Trek TNG episode that warned of game addiction and sumbliminal messages of such games. The game was designed to tickle the pleasure center of the brain and program the mind for a certain task. Sure it was fiction but look were we are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.