Woman Loses 112 Pounds by Using Wii Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Good for her! I'd try that too but don't have a wii. Maybe I should use the treadmill thats been collecting dust :)

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Wow if those are real before and after pics then she did good. But what many people fail to do is also cut back on eating when your trying to lose weight. If all you do is eat and then work out a little you wont get much out other than burning off a little bit of what you just ate.

G

the weight loss is still 90% due to her change of foods, rather than the Wii fit

people have a misconception of what the major factor is in getting fit

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Good for her, but it wasn't only the Wii Fit that helped. Half of the battle is changing the diet, which she did.

Weight loss is a simple equation. Calories in vs calories out. Wii fit helped with calories out, and her change of diet helped with calories in.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
wow, though something tells me the WiiFit was not the catalyst for this, only a variable.

Still big upgrade for the husband. Unless he's a chubby chaser

itrendslave

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Nintendo should jump on that. Advertise during "The Biggest Loser" and such. Another Jared Fogel-type hype that could sell even more Wii Fits, eh? Maybe too many people have already purchased them and realized that it doesn't inherently make you lose weight by owning it... you actually have to use it?! We'll see... we'll see.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]amd_guru[/nom]In reality it probably is 85% just eating healthier...gj tho![/citation]
Probably 95%. I lost 24 pounds in 2 months (from 214 to 190 pounds) just by eating less and better food. No more exercise than before. I was surprised.

greeve

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Yes, exercise is very healthy for you, but it doesnt necessarily lead to weight loss. The type and quantity of food you eat will have a much greater impact.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
Good for her! I'm loving my Wii which my wife gave me for this past Christmas. I'm especially stuck on tennis and it's quite a workout. I'll be getting Wii Fit in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.