Woman Sues Burger King for Textual Harrassment

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Socnom[/nom]Hmm.. After Obama taxes (cap & trade for her talking so much bs), health insurance premiums, & lawyer fees, she might just end up barely paying her text bills.But seriously, There should be a common sense filter for lawsuits. She could have easily blocked the text messages from BK after the first one.[/citation]
Whats an Obama tax? I fear that conservatism is rearing its ugly head. Health premiums, now that is something you can string around the politics as usual neck, you know the one that conservatives don't want to change.

thepriest23

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
Might I add... BK has delicious double cheeseburgers for only a dollar. Haha. But seriously.... wtfack. Ugh, it disgusts me to see stupid people like this. Like someone said... UNSUBSCRIBE!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]rean24[/nom]Oh My GOD...Why does America has a Cultural of Sueing people all the time.And They wonder why is the ECONOMIC so bad...They waste to much money on small issue ...there is an Answer.[/citation]

I hope beyond hope that English is not your first language... Actually; [reads through other posts] I hope that it's not the first language of ANY of you!

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
5 million? Really?....first how did they get her cell number? This is the first thing BK will bring up because she would have had to sign up for something giving BK her phone number agreeing to get texts. Second she states that she replied to the text saying stop...its not like anyone would read that? Its just a computer sending out millions of messages at the same time.

On a side note, who wants to get she went out and got the burger from the text? XD

G

She signed up, or someone that had the phone number before her did... Cell Phone companies are re-using numbers too fast.

Either way, this woman needs to get a job.

"caused actual harm" LOL

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]rean24[/nom]Oh My GOD...Why does America has a Cultural of Sueing people all the time.And They wonder why is the ECONOMIC so bad...They waste to much money on small issue ...there is an Answer.[/citation]
The culture of suing is indeed disgusting, but it doesn't hurt the economy. It creates spending on lawyers and red tape, spending helps the economy.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
BK Lawyers : "It's 5 millions dollars or a BK Life Meal Card... your choice...

Espinal : The Meal Card of course...

Bottom line, nobody screw up with the King...

G

BK's lawyers will MAKE the litigation cost 4m, then she has to pay her attorneys and taxes. That is the way it works. Blame the defense attorneys, they make the lions share of the profits.

5m is not a lot to ask for a violation that may carry statutory damages. Saying it is too much is like saying I committed 3 felonies so I shouldn't have to go to jail.

Even if she did sign up for text messages a vendor MUST, by law, provide an opt out. She said "stop." BK didn't. That is a violation of the law.

Simple stuff really, you all are making it complex.

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
was "subjected to aggravation" ...

SERIOUSLY, THAT'S YOUR CASE!!!!

Next she'll sue the post office for junk mail. 5 MILLION! ... FOR A $.05 TEXT.

i have lost all faith in the human race.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This is why premium SMS messaging is disabled on all the phones in my plan. Texting "STOP" or "" doesn't always work, especially with the more shady outfits. Somehow my wife got 2 companies charging her 10$ a month and she never signed up for anything (my best guess is people got her number off her resume online) and they ignored the "STOP" text twice. Luckily for me, Verizon credited my account for all the charges.

metalfellow

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Choujij[/nom]She must be a former Apple employee...[/citation]

HAHA. It is easier to sue than to try and make your own way. Just another form of redistribution of wealth.

G

yes!!!! Sue them for everything... 5 million is enough to put a dent in them and that they'll not risk sending everyone else these annoying txt messages! ... the whole txt messaging phones is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS