Woman Sues Burger King for Textual Harrassment

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

oh and for the health thing... please Americans keep up to the times. Everyone else treats healthcare the same as police, schools, library, etc (included in tax). Why is healthcare different... it's just as an essential basic as the rest. Oh and if you dissagree please just ask anyone YOU KNOW from the UK or any other western country.

benderhatesyou

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Please just kill yourself so you will never be subjected to anything your too stupid to deal with in the first place. As a bonus, nobody ever has to deal with you again either. WIN/WIN!!!

G

I got some spam mail, NOW PAY ME $5MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Aww I guess they're gunna have to cut that program where they start trying to make their product taste even worse than it already is...oh, oops.

noiz

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I don't think 5 million is possible to make from this situation but spam sms are really annoying...

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]bogcotton[/nom]How on Earth is she going to justify $5 million?They sent her advertisements, not death threats!Madness.[/citation]

Madness?

THIS

IS

America apparently

nano3ds

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Sometimes you agree to sing for messages (for example a local burger bar) but then that information is sold to others like BKing. So I think there should be a punishment for both, the buyer and the seller, and if the only way to hurt is asking for 5mill bucks... then be my guest!
The chic on the pic is hot!

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]if she is mexican she needs to get the fuck out of our country[/citation]

Hello racist comments! I'd rather have legal immigrants, hell I'd rather have illegal immigrants in this country, over racist pricks any day of the week.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
She needs to read the terms and conditions of the "do not call" list....if she's had any transactions with BK, they can legally contact her.

nimblehuman

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Socnom[/nom]Hmm.. After Obama taxes (cap & trade for her talking so much bs), health insurance premiums, & lawyer fees, she might just end up barely paying her text bills.But seriously, There should be a common sense filter for lawsuits. She could have easily blocked the text messages from BK after the first one.[/citation]
Conserva-Troll alert!

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bgaimur[/nom]yeah, and if she were a corporation, there's a 95% chance that she wouldn't pay any taxes at all[/citation]

What taxes a corporation doesn't directly pay get passed on to the consumer. Raising taxes on a business only raises taxes on it's customers. Do some research on how much taxes corporations have to pay in the USA, it's something like the SECOND highest in the WORLD.

On topic: $5 million is ridiculous. The texts couldn't have cost more than one or two dollars. She must work for the RIAA or something...

G

It aint about the money you morons it's about the fact that laws are getting ignored by everyone from county judges all the way up to the supreme court. The system is a gd joke. I don't blame her a bit. But I doubt she'll get the 5 million. The most that will happen is burger king will pay a fine to the federal govt. for ignoring the act she's referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.