word file corrupted

deliuflamur

Estimable
Jun 6, 2015
Hello!
My word files has been corrupted by a virus, when i try to open them it says: the file is corrupted or damaged and they show strange characters.
Can anyone help me how to fix this?

Solution
Need to restore from a backup. Also try the file on another computer. If the other computer does the same thing, try using a different program, OpenOffice or Libre Office. If none of those work, there are paid file recovery programs but they are not likely to work and often come with spyware so I would not recommend using them at all since you risk just spending money for nothing and will have a good chance to get more viruses.
Need to restore from a backup. Also try the file on another computer. If the other computer does the same thing, try using a different program, OpenOffice or Libre Office. If none of those work, there are paid file recovery programs but they are not likely to work and often come with spyware so I would not recommend using them at all since you risk just spending money for nothing and will have a good chance to get more viruses.

Solution