World of Warcraft Performance Expectation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastpooh

Estimable
May 23, 2015
I haveave a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series - i5-5200U with 2.2 GHz and graphics card HD Graphics 5500 and 8 GB of ram. Will I be able to get good performance from a game like World of Warcraft and other games for that matter?

Solution
The Intel HD 5500 graphics core is pretty decent for what it is, an integrated graphics core. It can be used to play games but don't have high expectations for it. I do not play many games anymore, but I have test the Intel HD 4400 graphics core in my laptop in two games (I disabled the dedicated Radeon HD 8850m to test).

Those games are Star Trek Online (STO) and Skyrim. STO basically plays decently well at 1600x900 resolution with a mix of low and medium graphic settings. With some customized low graphic settings (like no shadows, and no anti-aliasing amongst other things), Skyrim run decently well at 1600x900 resolution too.

Isn't Warcraft free to play until your character reaches level 20? Why not download and give it a shot?
The Intel HD 5500 graphics core is pretty decent for what it is, an integrated graphics core. It can be used to play games but don't have high expectations for it. I do not play many games anymore, but I have test the Intel HD 4400 graphics core in my laptop in two games (I disabled the dedicated Radeon HD 8850m to test).

Those games are Star Trek Online (STO) and Skyrim. STO basically plays decently well at 1600x900 resolution with a mix of low and medium graphic settings. With some customized low graphic settings (like no shadows, and no anti-aliasing amongst other things), Skyrim run decently well at 1600x900 resolution too.

Isn't Warcraft free to play until your character reaches level 20? Why not download and give it a shot?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.