World's Most Expensive TV Costs $2,250,000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I don't think this really counts as the most expensive. It's a regular tv, with a bunch of jewels on it. Using that standard I could make the world's most expensive piece of shit by simply throwing a handful of diamonds on top of it. It's the diamonds, not the tv, that is expensive. I expected to see a 200" OLED monster or something.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Clearly, the rich wouldnt buy this garbage because they get more back through tax returns if they spend that much money on charity...

so i would say, FAIL !!!!

but wait, there are rich people in UAE who spent 30 million dollars on number plates of their car to show how rich they are because they dont get tax...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
are you sure these are not made by Apple?!

Some people just have too much money... I can truly say i would never buy something like this, It is god aweful ugly and purely just to say "i have infinite $". If i had this type of money I would splurge on a movie room that costs 500k (or less/more... top of the line, less the gold and diamonds)

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Not even close...

http://www.kerrydean.com/sports/new-dallas-cowboys-stadium-features-worlds-largest-hdtv/

Jerry Jones dropped about 40 million tax-dollars on his 12,000 sqft 1080p screen that hangs in the new Texas Stadium.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
isnt it wonderful to live in a country where we can make such expensive crap that's worthless at the same time? What do you do when it becomes obsolete and you want to upgrade? Melt it down and pull out the gems and put them in some sort of jewelery?

G

That had better come with at least ten full time strippers and a few thousand bottles of liquor and fine wines. Migh as well toss in a bugatti veyron while they're at it.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
I wouldn't buy such garbage even if I did have the money. The newer, and expensive in my pay charts, TVs that are super thin would be in my sights.

esupan

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
What about the 2 160x70 foot TV scrrens in cowboy stadium? I read one article that said "The cost of buying and installing them will slightly exceed the $35 million "

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ayssius[/nom]Even if you are wealthy, those TV's are ugly as sin. A 108" Plasma is the way to go to brag about wealth.[/citation]
How about a Panasonic 150" 4k (4096×2048) plasma?
It was released two years ago.
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]That had better come with at least ten full time strippers and a few thousand bottles of liquor and fine wines. Migh as well toss in a bugatti veyron while they're at it.[/citation]
I'm down with that.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Well it might be nice when the technology becomes outdated the actual material the screen is made up can be sold for the same or more than you bought it for.

G

The PrestigeHD TVs come with Metz TV technology inside. Metz was founded 1938 in Germany and still builts all his technology there. Its called the finest of TV technology you can find. The TV is built by PrestigeHD in Switzerland, a company, famous for unique TV designs, starting a around 20K USD. Technical specs are the best of the industry, as you can imagine, because metz is building TVs for such a long time. All TVs from PrestigeHD are built on a kit system, means you can add and chanche technology parts very easy. check www.prestigehd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.