Worth upgrading ram go Dell latitude e5400?

bdizzle11

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
My school is issuing my class Dell Latitude e5400 laptops to take home and use the entire year. They are the basic but with windows 7 instead of vista or xp. I won't be gAming very much on it but I would like go run some basic games, possibly up to WoW. My question is will a 2 gb ram upgrade from 2 to 4 gb be a noticble difference? Not only in gaming but also just general use. It's only about $26 so fairly cheap. Thanks for the input!

Solution
Hello Bdizzle11;

Your loaner Latitude E5400 has the Intel GMA 4500M HD and that more than the 2GB installed RAM will hold back any 3D gaming.

Check the loan agreement and see if you're permitted to do that kind of 'mod'.

I'd suggest you test it out first with the 2GB before you commit to spending even that $25.
Honestly, I don't believe it would make a difference in how WoW runs and you really don't need it for your typical school work.

shadamus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Sounds like a good idea to me. Even non-gaming workloads benefit by having more than 2GB of RAM.

I don't know what you'll be using it for in school, but if it's any sort of software development, or multi-media work, you'll be happy for the breathing room.

Hello Bdizzle11;

Your loaner Latitude E5400 has the Intel GMA 4500M HD and that more than the 2GB installed RAM will hold back any 3D gaming.

Check the loan agreement and see if you're permitted to do that kind of 'mod'.

I'd suggest you test it out first with the 2GB before you commit to spending even that $25.
Honestly, I don't believe it would make a difference in how WoW runs and you really don't need it for your typical school work.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS