Wozniak Likes Windows Phone Better Than iOS, Android

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]windows phone is definatly awesome, i just with it'd port to a non limited data network like sprint or t mobile chaining to at&t means limited data which means some people (myself included) won't be willing to buy it[/citation]

You can buy one unlocked. I know it costs more up front, but at least you avoid carrier contracts.

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I wonder how much microsoft paid him, or if he has a grudge against apple, or if he actually likes the phone. Anyway, the only person that is important is the one who uses the phone, as in me, or you.. Who cares what some guy named Wozniak likes. We all have different tastes and preferences..

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
I like WP7, but come on, this is taking advantage of his words. What he said was WP7 was the most beutiful, but the iPhone is still his proffered daily driver. He uses gadgets from all companies and was commenting on the strengths and weaknesses of each. He even commented on the site originating the story clarifying this point. He seems like a really nice trusting guy who just loves to talk, and sites like to take advantage of everything he says.

rglaredo

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I have a Samsung focus wp7 (the first one) and what it wow'd me is how nice it looks (samsung focus 1) , how fluid the movements are when changing the screens and It's easy to navigate. The down side is that there are not much applications for it ..iOS has a sea of them and most are free and android also has as much as apple.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]You can get a lumia 700 or HTC radar from T mobile...... they both run on WP7.[/citation]

sorry, meant specifically the 900 not just wp7, I'm hiopoing it is liek the palm pre where ti si a very limited exclusivity agreement then open on all networks whortly thereafter

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I said it before windows 8 will put an end to this discussion. 1984 all over again, what we need now is a killer looking phone like the iphone. Woz is wrong on the lumia looking better than the iphone 4s, the iphone is the best looking phone on the market with it's dual glass front and back, and sleek expensive feel. No contest on the looks.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Silly Boots[/nom]Getting lost in Android? I've been using my Android phone for two years without "getting lost" once.Don't really know what he's talking about.[/citation]
As in "getting lost" in the user experience and forgetting that you are using a device and just interacting with the interface. I have never gotten lost in iOS or Android.

From all the videos I have seen with WP and my time with iOS and Android, both iOS and Android seem "clunky" compared to WP. But what you think of an OS is all subjective. Everyone uses devices differently.

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
[citation][nom]sellitman[/nom]I agree with Woz on the phone being nicer than Android but it still lags behind my 4s IMHO. I love the 1080p video and the breath of Apps available. Close but no cigar.[/citation]
How do you watch 1080p on 960 x 640 screen?

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]ppumkin[/nom]Somebody hacked into toms guide and posted this rubbish. Why would Wozniak 'DISS' his own creation, publicly.. Any way iPhone is much smoother than Metro in my opinion, better specs than lumia and all round is iPhone is Ace![/citation]
Woz has little to do with iOS, much less the iPhone. iOS is built off Mac OS X which is built off OPENSTEP, which is built off NeXTStep. Woz left Apple two years after Steve and took their own path.

tl;dr Woz had nothing to do with the iPhone.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i love my android phone best coz that's the only one i have. Sorry, i'm not filthy rich to be carrying 4 SPs with me everytime.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm rocking a Galaxy Nexus right now, but when I'm done with this phone WP 8 will be out and I'm probably going to try that next.

Chizops

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Sorry acadia11 but in my opinion the Galaxy SII looks and feels better that the IPhone 4s. At least how I think and feel. These 2 phone are what people are trading straight up for. Either ditching IPhone 4s for Galaxy SII or vise versa

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]a-nano-moose[/nom]How do you watch 1080p on 960 x 640 screen?[/citation]
I think they are talking about 1080p video recording.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]fatality1515[/nom]I wonder how much microsoft paid him, or if he has a grudge against apple, or if he actually likes the phone. Anyway, the only person that is important is the one who uses the phone, as in me, or you.. Who cares what some guy named Wozniak likes. We all have different tastes and preferences..[/citation]

Well, the reason to care is that we have all heard of him but will never hear about you.

Kudos to Windows for creating a phone that is unique and different. Andriod is a poor copy of iOS.
I will have to go try a Windows phone because someone who matters and has contributed to Tech and the world comments positively on it.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]Well, the reason to care is that we have all heard of him but will never hear about you.Kudos to Windows for creating a phone that is unique and different. Andriod is a poor copy of iOS.I will have to go try a Windows phone because someone who matters and has contributed to Tech and the world comments positively on it.[/citation]
You keep spouting this crap, what makes it a poor copy of iOS. Is it stock anroid you're talking about or Samsungs UI on top of it or HTC's UI or what? Do you mean the grid of icons? The rectangular look? The touchscreen? What?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
"Actually, he was not just talking about speed. He was talking about UI usability as well as performance. Android is clunky compared to both WP7.5 and IOS".

And where is your assesment coming from? I have been using an Android phone and do not find it as tedious as the iPhone 4s. The word cluncky is a poor choice. I have absolutely no doubt that almost any top of the line Android phone runs more smoothly than the iPhone. I know that the same guy who compared the reseller Mr Jobs with Einstein, thereby insulting the whole Western scientific establisment, used the word cluncky to describe the Android UI. I still remain perplexed as to what he meant. Let me finish by suggesting you to reread the article, as it is clearly stated in it that the Lumina 900 felt faster.

[citation][nom]ppumkin[/nom]Somebody hacked into toms guide and posted this rubbish. Why would Wozniak 'DISS' his own creation, publicly.. Any way iPhone is much smoother than Metro in my opinion, better specs than lumia and all round is iPhone is Ace![/citation]

Wozniak created the Apple and Apple II line. He was done with Apple Computer after the Mac was released. Basically his vision with the Apple was a fully expandable and customizable computer that was simple in construction and easy to use. Jobs with the Mac was that it be completely closed off and non-upgradeable.

Which was the case until the Mac Plus. Then after he was ousted the Mac really started back again in its openness with all the expansion slots. Heck how many Windows PCs in 1987 could take 128MB RAM?

The most Woz probably had to do with the iPhone was Jobs asking him if he liked a prototype.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]who cares what he says he's a fat ugly gimp who is given way too much importance.[/citation]
Many people care because without him, Apple wouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.