Wrath of Lich King; 24 Hours 2.8M Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
2.8Million for an expansion?

Thought there wasn't PC audience?
Their is apparently 2.8 million people who all play the same game.
What about the other millions of gamers?

Piracy my ass!

dechy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
...way to use logic there raven...

You can't really pirate a game based on subscription now can you? If all games were based on monthly payments piracy would reach just about... ZERO PERCENT.

If WoW COULD be played through LAN easily, it would be the most pirated game ever.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
@Dechy,

There are private pirated WoW servers, running pirated copies of the game. With mods. The only reason they're not bothered with by the masses of millions who pay, is because it's not balanced and unless their mother's uncle can do it, they won't have someone they know to play with probably. And we all know, WoW is about social outing... digitally... right? >.>

@Article,

Congrats blizzard. Now hurry up with starcraft ii & diablo iii. MMO with pay per month are terrible. Don't want to collect 5 piggie teeth, 10,000 times. Thanks.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
You can't really pirate a game based on subscription now can you? If all games were based on monthly payments piracy would reach just about... ZERO PERCENT.

If that were even true, you still have 2.8milllion PC gamers willing to PAY for an expansion a game. This tells me there are a lot more gamers out there on the PC than what has been implied and that while piracy may hurt sales the amount of people willing to pay for a title far outweigh those willing to steal it.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i think raven was saying that lower pc game retail sales is not due to piracy, opposite to what game developers say in the declining sales of pc games.
its just mmorpg is getting bigger causing declining pc game retail sales.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
@raven's last comment

Not only is it 2.8 million willing to pay for expansions, but it's 2.8 on the release day alone who bothered to stand in line or get up off their lazy @$$ to go buy it or bothered to buy online/download (if it was available). I'm sure they'll sell lots more throughout the month and in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.