Wrong Bios/Failed Bios Flash

FlorianGreece

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Hello fellas! I really need your help!!! I had a problem on my Toshiba Satellite L300 -1EF Model No. PSLB8E-05V00PGE
Serial No. 29378297Q

I had it with the "Insyde" Bios 2.20 version,but i had a problem with the display on booting... everything started normally until to show the desktop then it gives me white ,blue or orange screen. Anyway i checked the display (wasn't the problem) , after a long time of checks i saw that the BIOS it's the problem.. so i tried to Re-Flash it! Anyway i downloaded the correct bios from the Toshiba official website and made it bootable from USB At FAT32 and ect. Anyway the first method didn't work so i tried to put another BIOS Lol (i'm an idiot) . I putted something for The models of the series A! And this flashed corectly and ect.. but what to see, when it restarted doesn't boot anything! Black screen and the only thing that it's works it's the fan and the cd reader, Nothing else :(. So i tried to Flash again the Original "insyde" BIOS keep holding the "F" key and nothing happend, after that i tried a lot of combinations with the "FN+F / Win+F / FN+B / FN+U / WIN + U / ESC+F / ESC+Win / ESC+U / ESC+FN" And still nothing! Please help what could i do! (I don't want to replace the BIOS Battery because it's hard to find it in Greece and also the budget of money it's low... Please someone to help if know i've searched everywhere but nothing found :( !

Solution
Time to take it to an authorized Toshiba Service Center, they might be able to force a reflash with the correct BIOS. If not it's time for a new motherboard. Why would you even think that using a BIOS not specifically for that system would be ok?

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
Time to take it to an authorized Toshiba Service Center, they might be able to force a reflash with the correct BIOS. If not it's time for a new motherboard. Why would you even think that using a BIOS not specifically for that system would be ok?

Solution