Wrong Harddisk from xotic PC

drewex

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Hello All, Recently I bought a msi dominator pro from xotic pc. They screwed the order on primary hard disk. instead of 250 nvme disk they put some (cant find it on amazon) 128gb disk sata Ssd. I just noticed it an hour ago tried to contact them but they arent working of course. I already have installed some software on it. Got a ton going on it, should have checked at the first place smh.

Now they probably gonna offer a refund for the difference, but the disk on amazon is more expensive, and do I need to get any data transfer kit or something? I havent done this kind of transfer over.

What should I ask for them to do? refund for the disk, right?

Anyone can give me some info what it entails to do the data transfer for primary disk? Will i need a encloser for the nvme?

Solution
Not sure what we can do for you here, contact them and get the disk swapped to the correct one. If you don't want to spend time re-installing everything, you can clone your drive to a temporary storage drive, then clone that drive onto the replacement. Or just keep what you have and get the difference refunded.
Not sure what we can do for you here, contact them and get the disk swapped to the correct one. If you don't want to spend time re-installing everything, you can clone your drive to a temporary storage drive, then clone that drive onto the replacement. Or just keep what you have and get the difference refunded.

Solution