X2s are dead

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Why is it ridicuulous?

What new chips have they had in the last year?

The Turion is a desktop Athlon ported to notebooks, and the Turion X2 is an Athlon X2 Dual Core ported for notebooks.

Where is the Turion X2 with a decent GPU? No where that I've seen that you can actually buy them.

duckies

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
i think they withdrew and are thinkin up a new strat against intel...i foresee another quarter of Intel domination... no offense. AMD take their brain out of their a$$holes and start thinking =)

smittyhotep

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
personally im sick of it all, AMD and Intel, there is no new tech coming out, sure we put multiple cores out, but theyre the same cores that have been out. PCI-E, just another interface, i could keep going but you all already know what im going to say. the fact is ATX isnt much different than AT was, which in my opinion means nothing new has come to computing sence what? '86? 88? hopefully with the purchase of ATI, AMD will be able to do something truly new. or scare intel into trying somthing new.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Ummmm, the Core Duo is completely different than the Pentium or Petium M Centrino. PCIe is much faster and scalable than EIDE - I know it is frustrating dealing with a constant state of flux and change, but it is for the better (in most cases) there is some total B.S. though that is just change for the sake of change.

To say computers haven't come a LONG duck dong way from 1988 is kind of silly. My freaking PDA could tap out a 8086 dos based 1988 desktop.

darknate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
1st of all centrino is not a proc, its a notebook tech. that soemthing new. it increased productivity without cables by increasing battery life and make wireless networking a breeze. 2nd the pentium m is pretty much the precursor to the new core proc. they took everything they learned from the pentium m (barias, dothan) and applied it. that new tech they we didnt have years ago. this shows you how far we have come. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\web\CPUID_com - Pentium M.htm