Xbox 360 Beats PS3 on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Well its not surprising really. If I had to choose either a PS3 or a 360 I would take the 360 any day and I'm not even a console gamer. Other than MGS4 I don't think there is a single exclusive game from the PS3 that interests me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

As for the video the article links to I think its sad to see that we really haven't moved that far from savagery. Also another positive outcome of myself and my family not celebrating Christmas.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Killzone 2 looks incredible, but since the 60 gig 360 is 100 bucks less than the 40 gig PS3, i think i would buy a 360 as well.

G

"Microsoft said that Xbox 360 outsold PlayStation 3 on the Friday by a ratio of 3 to 1"

Well, how does MS know how many PS3's sold? So any company that just says they outsold their competitor with no real data is news?

I have both consoles, and they both have quite a few excellent exclusives. I prefer the 360 also, but the PS3 is not far behind in quality exclusives. Uncharted is as good as any game I have played the last few years. In fact, the only 360 exclusives I have are Gears 1 and 2, and Mass Effect. For the PS3 I have MGS 4, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, LBP, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, and Valkyria. Not too mention soon there will be God of War 3, and Killzone 2, which if any of you have been in the beta, you would see that it is awesome.

G

The arcade 360 is a joke. Highest selling 360 game ever, Halo 3, can't be played online without a HDD. The fact that they even sell a non-fully functional SKU adds to the reasons I don't like MS as a company, and the xbox as a platform. I think a lot of people that saw the cheap price tag are going to be disappointed when they figure out they're going to have to shell out 160$ for a hard drive.

Not to mention the numerous "red rings of death". My brother-in-law is on his 3rd 360, I wonder how long this one will last.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Is anyone else getting the feeling we have some 360 fanboys at Tom's wanting to make some sort of statement?

It's rather irrelevant considering the sales with Wii is getting compared to both of them combined.

But I happen to like the PS3 quite a bit, I'm just disappoint that people would prefer to spend half the price to get something that not only isn't fully, but is unreliable, rather than getting a solid piece of technology with some good value.

But then again I'm not really drawn in by comically macho 'realistic' gritty graphics, and the huge numbers of extremely similar shooters. Not that it's the 360's fault on that part, but the fact that Halo in general is treated as some type of God send diminishes my hope in the future of gaming.

decoppel

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
As far as I am concerned, people bought what was cheapest and most accessible, the poor economy is essentially the reason the PS3 was dominated in sales. People aren't looking for value in how much the console can do, but something to shut their kids mouths. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony goes against their words and has a PS3 price drop.

FYI 80GB PS3 is 399.99.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I ordered the Guitar Hero World Tour set for the 360. When I went to the store for pick up, I saw about 3 other "World Tour" kits up front for pick up next to mine, all for the 360. Plus 2 regular 360 Pro units with the Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones. There were no PS3's up front for pickup. I didnt notice any Wii's though.

slapdashzero

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
Well, I daresay, who doesn't have an Xbox360 or PS3 yet? I've got both and a Wii. These sales almost seem to reflect this fact. If you are looking for another system to hook up to the bedroom TV, for instance, you'd probably just get the cheap one. Maybe that's a weird take on it. Besides, if anyone is buying these things for their kids, they probably have less than a vague idea of what the heck they are actually buying anyway, and are going to go for the cheap one. Price has more to do with the numbers than features or loyalty, is my guess.

G

I got mine at target and I had a choice. $240 for the 360 pro or $400 for the PS3. Pretty easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.