Xbox 360 Just Had Its Biggest Week Ever

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsdsds

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Sigh...I can't believe so many people pay $300 for a 7 year old gaming console....[/citation]

Sigh... I can't believe people pay $300+ for a (non-pro) graphics card alone to play games...

..Let the red thumbs down roll!!

moonsite

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
I bought one, another one, because it was a great deal and for the Kinect games. Can't get the same Kinect experience with the PC games.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Nakal[/nom]That many RRODs happened at the same time?[/citation]

mine RROS when gears of war 3 was released at midnight :(

But now I fixed it.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]My good friend has been trying to convince me to buy an XBox 360 for a few years now. This after sending 3 back for repair due to a Red Ring of Death. I just can't seem to get the point across to him that my 20+ year old Atari still works fine and is a party hit.[/citation]

The RROD issue has not been an "issue" for years. I personally know no less then 25 people that have bought machines in the last 3 years that have never had a single issue. I personally have 3 at my house (one for me, one for the son and one for others) all of which log many hours of use every day and not a single issue on any of them and even the youngest xBox is over 1 year old.

Your Atari has no where near the advancements nor sensitivity in it's electronics to even attempt to compare it in this way so get a clue.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Good for Microsoft, although I find that number almost impossible to believe. 1 000 000 consoles means 0,3% of the population purchased a Xbox that day. That's 1 out of 300 persons. You'd think that the people interested in the console (and can afford it, and don,t already have one, or a ps3, or whatever other reason) wouldn't have waited 7 years to buy one. It's not like the price fell below 99$.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]I'll never understand how people prefer those little sticks and like 6 buttons to a full keyboard and mouse experience, especially if your mouse has extra buttons. So much more control.[/citation]

Get a XIM3 and enjoy the best of both worlds.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]from that PMS like response it sounds like you are the one doing all the cryin[/citation]
Ah, the good old "I know you are but what am I?" defense, a classic with the kids!

Does your stuffed animal have a name, or does be just keep you warm and safe while you sleep?

G

Just 200,000 short of the N64 all time 1 million unites in 24 hours record. Better luck next time.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]shqtth[/nom]I didn't see any cool offers at best buy and futureshop here in canada, they were being gay. No notable discounts[/citation]

Don't be sad... The boxing day is coming...;)

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
For a player base that claims so much maturity over the console crowd, we sure aren't selling ourselves very well.

G

Just reinvest the money in pc games development for the Windows 8&9 platforms, and we're square. I won't hold it against you that people go nuts for some xbox.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Sad indeed to all those people that bought one little did they know that MS is giving them less then 3 years now to enjoy it before it gets pulled from MS support. This close to a new console release i wouldn't have bought one not when the next gen console is roughly a year away.

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
"BF3 is a great example. They saw the money in consoles, and released an unfinished, rush, and watered-down game that could have been massive and amazing."

Completely agree. Unable to logon to BF3 since the last update. The rubberbanding is annoying beyond reason coupled with all the other problems. It's all about the mighty God Doll Ar.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
All wasted money.

Wait it out for the Xbox720 and quit re-buying their nearly a decade old platform.

Moooooo, goes the cash cow.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]StarBound[/nom]Just 200,000 short of the N64 all time 1 million unites in 24 hours record. Better luck next time.[/citation]

I'm sure they are balled up in a fetal position crying about that. (btw that N64 record was set while that console was still selling at a loss during it's R&D recoup phase....so.... f'n OUCH!)

graysoniv

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Why can't people see that this is bad for all gamers. Stop buying into antiquated hardware.

This isn't a PC vs Console argument. If you seriously consider yourself a gamer you will understand that we consumers need to force the industry to innovate, create new more powerful hardware for better graphics and more involved games. Buying a 7 year old console IS NOT THE WAY TO DO THAT.

Demand something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS