Xbox 360 Just Had Its Biggest Week Ever

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]I was very tempted to get one but I don't think my wife would be too happy cause I barely have time for my other games on PC, PS3 and Wii.[/citation]

Amen to that, except I don't have a Wii and a wife! I've got all the gaming I can handle between the two gaming PCs (1 primary, 1 backup) and the PS3.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
[citation][nom]shqtth[/nom]I didn't see any cool offers at best buy and futureshop here in canada, they were being gay. No notable discounts[/citation]

So, gay people don't offer good prices, is that what your brilliant contribution to this forum is?

jms22

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
This is soooo stupid. Game developers dont give a crap about ANY of us. They are here to make money. As long as there is money to be made in consoles, they are going to continue making games for them. Do you really think they are going to stop because you spent $800 in video cards for your PC?...Consoles are here for the long ride. Deal with it.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Skippy27[/nom]You do realize that the graphics are platform independent in that they can and do create the graphics at a very high resolution and scale them accordingly, right?If the graphics are poor in a game it is because the developer did a crappy job of implementing them and/or used a crap engine to build the game to begin with[/citation]
I understand all that. Its JUST business... MS could help by making XBOX games run on Windows.

But is understandable... if 90~95% of your sales come from 1080p / 8 year old technology - why put much effort into a PC?

So... also, *WHY* buy an expensive gaming card. When any $100 gaming card far exceeds the ability of any PS3/Xbox... why bother? Theres only a handful of games that push these cards, usually running 2~6 monitor setups.

jms22

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
I dont have anything against PC gamers, I was one myself, but some of these guys are acting like fanatics taking the heat to console gamers. Your beef should be with game developers. Hardcore PC gamers have the right to have a computer with 10 graphic cards and 20 monitors if they want. But if somebody is happy playing games in 1080p on a console, let them be. Live and let live.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Good for Microsoft, although I find that number almost impossible to believe. 1 000 000 consoles means 0,3% of the population purchased a Xbox that day. That's 1 out of 300 persons. You'd think that the people interested in the console (and can afford it, and don,t already have one, or a ps3, or whatever other reason) wouldn't have waited 7 years to buy one. It's not like the price fell below 99$.[/citation]
Multiple units per household. I've got one in my room, and there's another one downstairs with a Kinect strapped to the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS