Xbox 360's Project Natal Demo on Jimmy Fallon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smlong

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I swear you're all retarded or delusional fanboys. How can you buy into this garbage? It's an EyeToy! Sony already made this years ago and it sucked. This is the same thing with fancier technology. You're not going to be able to play anything except mini games and anything else that requires no movement outside waving your body around. You're not going to be playing Halo or anything like that with this. It looks cool and might be fun to show off to friends and family, but it's a gimmick and the novelty will wear off and its actual gaming applications won't extend outside special games. I bet it will be restricted to party games, driving games, and maybe some fighting games, but overall it won't be able to handle complex movement in 99% of games or complex button configurations. And even with exceptions like driving games, I'd rather use a controller or steering wheel instead of holding onto air.It's funny how people think this will magically work with the back catalog of 360 games. They'll have to include it as a standard feature with a next-gen system to get any value out of it.[/citation]
It's looks way better than the Wii' arm-flapping technology. Look at how many consoles that gimmicky technology has sold....

rockabye

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I read somewhere that it does terrible at reading darker skin tones.
This is really awesome tech, assuming they get it working flawlessly by the time it's released. Too bad I don't have enough room to be doing cartwheels in front of my TV.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I guess Sony will have upper hand in this race. They are solving much easier problem (colored stick position is much easier to recognize as human hands), as it seems they don't need any external processing power, to reduce lag (as microsoft does) so it could cost times less.

And, guys, ok, I can point my "gun" by just moving empty hands, but how do I "shoot"?

Status
Not open for further replies.