Xbox Live Spring Sale Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiidwulf

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Some of those are actually pretty good deals. In the past Xbox sales have been crap compared to Steam/Amazon sales.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
The whole "lock it behind Gold" paywall thing they have going is terrible. Everytime I purchase anything on live, I feel like I'm knowingly buying into a scam. I hate that feeling. I'll never buy another Microsoft console toy again.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]The whole "lock it behind Gold" paywall thing they have going is terrible. Everytime I purchase anything on live, I feel like I'm knowingly buying into a scam. I hate that feeling. I'll never buy another Microsoft console toy again.[/citation]

This. A gold sub does go a long way when you actually game (their matching service is pretty good) but if you are using your Xbox for content streaming, it is a major crapfest. Like the case of Netflix, the HD streaming to Xbox is pretty good (side by side picture quality is better than most other HD devices when watching the exact same content) but it just feels wrong to pay Microsoft for the honor of using my Xbox that way.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I still need to pick up the Skyrim DLC. Of course, I'll buy it on Steam as the Xbox version is nearly unplayable due to terrible load times (not to mention vastly inferior graphics).

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
no netflix without gold is why i will never [citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]The whole "lock it behind Gold" paywall thing they have going is terrible. Everytime I purchase anything on live, I feel like I'm knowingly buying into a scam. I hate that feeling. I'll never buy another Microsoft console toy again.[/citation]

no netflix without gold, is why i wont buy another xbox console
unless they change their policy... if sony can offer it free, so should they

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
if only you werent already paying $50(?) a year on the xbox gold already, these deals would be great. Im not meaning to go into a console war, but I believe MS gold subscription is vastly inferior to sonys sub offering and roughly equal to sonys free offering. these deals dont really look like good when you take into consideration how much your already paying. MS needs to catch up with the times and make a new xbox live. everyone, even nintendo is leaving them in the dust in online offerings.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]if only you werent already paying $50(?) a year on the xbox gold already, these deals would be great. Im not meaning to go into a console war, but I believe MS gold subscription is vastly inferior to sonys sub offering and roughly equal to sonys free offering. these deals dont really look like good when you take into consideration how much your already paying. MS needs to catch up with the times and make a new xbox live. everyone, even nintendo is leaving them in the dust in online offerings.[/citation]

online for me.
multiplayer
friends list
and shareing options with email like things
voice chat

thats it... and i wont pay a cent for any of it.
i get email for free, i get voice chat for free, friends lists are not even a perk, and on the pc wii and ps3 online is free.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Well im buying some of this stuff and by using Gold points, i don't have to enter any of my own account info :) I don't really mind paying for xbox live ever since i tried playing DC Universe on the PS3 and realized that chat function on the PS3 is absolute crap, i will pay for that convenience for Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.