Xbox One S with Pioneer receiver issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertGPS

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi!

I bought a new Xbox One S for 4K blu-ray and Netflix 4K. I've got a Sony UHD tv (with HDMI 2.0), a Pioneer VSX-924 receiver (also HDMI 2.0 support) and HDMI 2.0 cables between.

The weird thing now, is that my Xbox One S Netflix app doesn't 'see' that everything is 4K compatible and doesn't show the 4K content...

When I plug in the Xbox directly to my TV it DOES recognize it all and shows the 4K content..

Anyone has an idea how to fix this type of 'receiver-issue' ? I've set the receiver to 4K resolution already, but that doesn't help.

I have got the premium account by the way for watching 4K in the first place..

Maybe anyone knows?

Solution
Try turning off any video processing in the receiver. You would also need high data rate HDMI cables in the signal path. Try a different input on the receiver (maybe they are not all HDMI 2.0). Contact Pioneer to see if there are any firmware upgrades and for additional help.
Try turning off any video processing in the receiver. You would also need high data rate HDMI cables in the signal path. Try a different input on the receiver (maybe they are not all HDMI 2.0). Contact Pioneer to see if there are any firmware upgrades and for additional help.

Solution

audiowylde23

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

I have the sc 95 and same issue and it's hdcp compatible. Anyone know of a fix?

nemhard

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
on the receiver you will see enter button turn of and hold enter reset will pop up don't reset just navigate with remote up and down to you see 4:2:2 and change to 4:4:4 then exit on the tv enable uhd colour I don't know what its called on your tv but for Samsung its UHD colour mode the option should be on your also restart xbox one s and check input details in settings the receiver does not support HDR but everything elts on the xboxs settings page should be ticked now try Netflix should work fine if everything is working proper you should loose the option to scale it goes into pass-through only

nemhard

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

the same goes for your receiver check my post at the bottom and look for similer setting on your receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.