Xbox One X vs. PlayStation 4 Pro: Which Powerhouse Should You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Tweil

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Comparing something already in the market and is not wouldn't seem legit comparison. And putting the winner to Xbox - are you working for Microsoft? This kind of comparison makes no sense to me but more wrinkles around my eyes.

maxzaxe

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
That's what I'm going to do I already have a great PC and the PS4 PRO when One X land I'll by it as I can cross platform thru X Box on Windows 10 and play Steam and Origin games on the X Box One X which will be a really nice feature the reasoning is that a lot of my friends haven't gone to PC gaming.

AndrewFreedman

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014

I'm curious to see how third party publishers use the performance. So far it's been,,, interesting on PS4. While I'm sure you'll see great things from Microsoft and its partner studios, if third party devs don't use it to its full potential, it won't matter.

I wish everyone could afford to do that!

recordatron

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
I'd be inclined to ask or look for user reviews that give you some insight into long term life with the console you're considering before taking the plunge.

Frustratingly I find the xbox experience to be pretty inconsistent. The dashboard is clunky and in terms of internet connectivity I find my xbox drops connectivity way more often than my PS4 and the dashboard is also sluggish. Those file sizes too! Good god! Re-installing Gears of War 4 last night and seeing it was an eye watering 103 gb! How?! PC games have 4k texture packs and they're not nearly as big. Personally I'd take the more streamlined experience you get on the PS4 pro even if it is using checkerboarding simply for the stability. Having said that I'm sure there are countless users who have the exact opposite opinion so take from it what you will.

To clarify I've had the original xbox one and now have an xbox one s and they've been in multiple addresses so it's not just me having duff units or internet. The UHD player is also SUPER picky about how you use it. If you dare to take a disc out of the drive a bit to quickly as it's being ejected the xbox with stubbornly refuse to acknowledge any discs you put in after that until you remove the power lead at the back for a minute to let it go back to a default state (I returned one console and the replacement did it as well so now I'm just living with it).

They're just not that stable of a console. I like them both but the PS4 has been much more stable in general.

vipsphinx

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
"Xbox One X is the more powerful system and has backward compatibility, while the PS4 Pro is a better value and has more exciting exclusive content"

I completely agreed, I have both the PS4 Pro and the XBox X runing on a Samsung 4k tv. I play a lot of exclusive games and VR on the ps4 pro, but, I am living the power of Xbox X and its real! Might not have that many exclusive tittles but, the backward compatibility is there. I play both on regular basis. Just my two cents.

tenface82

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
How anyone can claim a tie in the game library department is beyond me. I buy new consoles to play new games, like everyone else in the world. If console A is putting out 5 exclusives to 1 of console B than console A clearly has the better gaming library. Using BC to bridge that gap is absurd.

Nov 29, 2017
PS4 Pro is a prototype of a console. It was a test run to see if people wanted to upgrade just yet with 4k TVs. If you had the money to blow, blow it. PS4 is still the best choice right now for the wallet, library and gameplay.

Black Friday deal was $150 bucks for 1TB PS4 slim.

Microsoft once again got baited into a little penis attitude because they are losing the gaming console war. They went with a great big dumb 4x4 truck with all the bells and whistles to show off. Not worth the money. Especially since MS is stingy with code so third party devs are few for the Xbox.

In 2020, when PS5 rolls out, 4k TV's will be inexpensive and even better. The PS library will be even bigger and the PS5 will be the best ever gaming console with interchangeable parts.

Microsoft got tooled again. They just never learn.

dehdstar

Honorable
Nov 30, 2017
Better games on Ps4. That's really all it should ever boil down to.

I own both consoles and use the Xbox One X least. Having all that hardware just sounds great by ideal, but it doesn't do any good if you struggle to find good titles to play on it.

With respect to 1080P gaming both of these consoles are high end gaming units. With respect to 4K, both are under bandwidth. Only once you get to Vega64, or GTX 1080-TI levels(10+ theoretical Teraflops) would you have entered comfortable 4K gaming. As it stands, and since there are no directly comparable GPUs on the market, directly comparable to the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, you can say that performance wise the Xbox One X is comparable to an overclocked RX580 based on just Teraflops calculations and performance statistics, while the PS4 Pro is comparable to an underclocked RX570. neither GPU are keen 4K gamers without tremendous sacrifice, or upscaling tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.