Solved! xgody table 5.1.1 help

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have this xgody that has 16gb ram and a 32gb sd card that works and i have installed 2 apps google at 263mb ram and playstor at 73.52mb of ram and the thing tells me ihave no room. also youtube gives me fits. i have emailed xgody and they say the model has no issues. well this one does. so is there w way i can plug it into my pc and reflash any os that will make it run. all i use it for is tinycam monitor app to view my cameras and it gives me fits al the time. something is wrong with this unit and i'm thinking it just needs to be reflashed. i did a root on a phone one time and used some program to do that but i uninstalled that program and now forget what one that was. but maybe that program will not help me so if anyone has a good solution for fixing this please send that along. thanks bp.

Solution
The issue you are having isn't actually an issue.

The card space you are referring to is only used by files saved directly to it, photos, music, etc. Not by apps. Your device is looking at the space on it. The "Internal" storage space. A SD card is "External" storage.

Most of the "Internal" storage is taken up long before you get the device by the OS (Android, etc.) and any preinstalled apps. Leaving you only having a small portion of it that you can add things to. This is why you can't add more apps. The only way around that is try try and convert the card to "Internal" storage, if it can be on that device (instructions included below). As for the youtube problems, that wouldn't be the device, that is likely your data/WiFi speed. If...
The issue you are having isn't actually an issue.

The card space you are referring to is only used by files saved directly to it, photos, music, etc. Not by apps. Your device is looking at the space on it. The "Internal" storage space. A SD card is "External" storage.

Most of the "Internal" storage is taken up long before you get the device by the OS (Android, etc.) and any preinstalled apps. Leaving you only having a small portion of it that you can add things to. This is why you can't add more apps. The only way around that is try try and convert the card to "Internal" storage, if it can be on that device (instructions included below). As for the youtube problems, that wouldn't be the device, that is likely your data/WiFi speed. If you are accessing it via data (through a plan with a carrier/service provider) then you need to check with them. If, however, you are trying to access things online via WiFi, then you need to check that WiFi.

If there are many devices using it, that can cause this. If the speed is fluctuating a lot, that will cause it. Also if the modem/router needs to be reset or if the ISP is having issues this can also cause the problem.

On top of that, if you don't clear out the cache and history of apps you are using, and close apps when not being used (plus restart the device itself regularly) you will run into problems due to the resources on the device not being freed up.

First, you need to be using a tablet that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (6.0) or newer, or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a tablet that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your tablet, or they don't work for you, then you have a tablet that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer. If that is the case, you will not be able to use this information.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage - Option A

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage - Option B

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

A Final Note: If you set up the card as "Internal" storage, then the data on it will not be readable by any other device. To access the data you would have to connect the tablet to say a computer and copy it over to the computer from the tablet/card. Otherwise only that tablet can read the data. Also, be sure you do not reset (hard or factory) the tablet. If you do, then all the data on the card will no longer be readable, even by the tablet itself.

Solution

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016

On top of that, if you don't clear out the cache and history of apps you are using, and close apps when not being used (plus restart the device itself regularly) you will run into problems due to the resources on the device not being freed up.
i did clear out every single item in the all apps section and now i can't even use play store so i cleared out more than i should have. and when i got the think it had dozens of apps. then one day i got that message so i uninstalled every single app and put beck tinycam then it said that app was using to much space. so i tried putting in on the card and nope can not do it.
i use 1 app only and i have reset the thing using the factory reset in the unit and also doing the vol and power and it still si the same. i tell you it needs to be reflashed. while i'm using it i get messages that tell me youtube has to be disables and then to do that i have to tap the setting and swipe and over and over etc etc etc it takes like 30 minutes to get to youtube to either disable it or enable it and then sometimes i have to restore it to get past that and then i may or not get to use it. like i say something is wrong. i got it from ebay for like 10.00 and i'm betting the guy sold it and said to himself glad that pos is gone at least he got 10.00 i'm about ready to toss it if i can't get it to reflash. thanks

something is going on so i think it needs to be reflashed. i have 3 apps on it and in the storage it tells me i have 11gb left in the onboard memory and over 30gb on the card.