Xiaomi Laptop Opinions

benjamin.scruggs1

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
Does anyone own or know anyone that owns a Mi Notebook Pro? I'm about to buy one, I just don't know if they're really as good as they seem. Macbook like build quality and good specs in a computer that I see other companies charging ~1300$+ for seems almost too good to be true.

Solution
Every review I've seen seems to be quite positive. The only caveat seems to be this:

"The biggest drawback with the Mi Notebook Pro -- as with all Xiaomi laptops -- is that it ships with Windows 10 Home Chinese. No doubt about it, this is a major pain.

To swap to Windows 10 Home English you need to fire up your new machine, log into your Microsoft account (not an easy operation unless you have an English machine alongside, or can read Chinese), and then use a Windows Media Installation USB stick to reinstall Windows 10 Home English single language.

Then you need to head to the Windows Activation page and hit Troubleshoot. Windows should then recognise the original licence and you are good to go."
Every review I've seen seems to be quite positive. The only caveat seems to be this:

"The biggest drawback with the Mi Notebook Pro -- as with all Xiaomi laptops -- is that it ships with Windows 10 Home Chinese. No doubt about it, this is a major pain.

To swap to Windows 10 Home English you need to fire up your new machine, log into your Microsoft account (not an easy operation unless you have an English machine alongside, or can read Chinese), and then use a Windows Media Installation USB stick to reinstall Windows 10 Home English single language.

Then you need to head to the Windows Activation page and hit Troubleshoot. Windows should then recognise the original licence and you are good to go."

Solution